Home

JK2 Bashing----Why?

Sapaca

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

LOL I was playing on a CtF game lastnight, and i noticed a bit of text come up..... OMFG! saber down = peace man i have not LOL so hard in a long time. and a few of the replys was funny to.

Happened to me yesterday on a FFA server. And the guy kept doing it, and not just to me. So about four of us ganged up on him and made his life miserable :)

I have to give him credit though. He stuck with that strategy to the bitter end. We kept hacking him up, and he kept running around with his saber down trying to grip people. And without fail, every time someone attacked him, up would come "WTF?! saber down = peace!". The funny thing was that this came up so quickly after one of us attacked him, I have the sneaking feeling he had this bound to a key. Either that, or he types it so much it has become second nature.

As for RPGers, I don't get that at all. I still don't think that Raven catered to them, either with the original release or with the patches. It is a FPS only. But how exactly do you RPG in JO? I mean, what do you actually do? Is it just those guys running around with their saber down saying everyone has no honour?

These so-called "roleplayers" ruin the jk2 community. I've recently been getting back into the lightsaber combat system with the Knights of Alderaan. I've learned alot of stuff that I never knew about yellow stance, blue stance and red stance. There was a time when I would do one duel and then take a break, now I'll do as many as my hands will hold..

When I go onto the zone I see about 15-30 "Rpgs" a day. These games all really suck major ass, there's no plot in their stories, people just run around with special titles and kill each other in saber duels. You see, if the roleplayers that destroyed the jk2 community were DECENT at what they do, then i'll have some diginity for them. The fact that these dumb-asses have no clue what the hell roleplaying is makes the situation even more sardonically ironic..

There is one thing true about all of this: It sure is a helluva lot of fun to go into "rpgs" and bash the "roleplayers" :D

Originally posted by Pnut_Master:

It sure is a helluva lot of fun to go into "rpgs" and bash the "roleplayers"

I have to say, this is probably the only constructive thing left to do in the JO community.

Go forth, and bash a fanboy a day at the very least. They were drawn to JO, yes, but JO does not have a monopoly on them. They've ruined many other games. Stop them before they spread!

Let us crush them! Crush the fanboys!

:firemad:

roleplaying ummm sounds like a excuse becuse they cant play!

I can not saber for the life of me, but i am good at Flag running... well on bespin shafts anyhow. I rely heavly on my force powers. but i dont think i am Luke running about. all i see is a pixle with some niffty moves :p plus i can fight in a multi fight. non of this i stand there wile them 2 kill each over and them maybe kill both after some time. if i see you on the side line your going to se my size 10 boots :p

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

These games all really suck major ass, there's no plot in their stories...

There's stories???? LMAO (I think I just pissed myself :( ). I thought they just stood around kissing each other...and then they call me gay when I chop them. LOL!

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

There is one thing true about all of this: It sure is a helluva lot of fun to go into "rpgs" and bash the "roleplayers" :D

Indeed. I think I'll "roleplay" my saber up their "rpgs".

"We are roleplaying! I am Turd Fergusen, a bartender from Tatooine!" -Turd

"I am Prime Almightly! My will...be done! Kneel before my glowrod, puny human!" **zzzwwwzzz** -Prime

"OMFG! Saber down = peace!!!" -Turd

Originally posted by Prime:

"We are roleplaying! I am Turd Fergusen, a bartender from Tatooine!" -Turd

THAT'S EXACTLY IT! why do they pretend to be such mundane individuals? Back in the days of JK1 there were people who RPGed on Drazen Isle and pretended to RUN A CLOTHES SHOP!

Are their real lives so exciting that they crave a few hours of tedious pretence a day? I know, all these roleplaying fanboys are crack CIA agents really, that's why roleplaying a postman appeals to them! :D

I thought they just stood around kissing each other...and then they call me gay when I chop them. LOL!

LMFAO.

I also hate it when I join a server lets say CtF then some one pops in and puts a vote up to change to TFF!!!! why change a set up server to some thing different, and when the vote fails they post it again saying VOTE YES..... huh it failed because we are here to play CtF lol. Last night was a funny night to, as the losing team noticed towards the end one of there members jump ship to the winning side LOL teams was equal at the time as well, man did he get a lot of stick from both teams LOL

ahhh back in the Drazen days I always chose to be Treasure Hunter who gets mysteriously trigger-happy whenever finding treasure.

Quite. A good response to complaints that one was killing people in Drazen RPG was that one was roleplaying the character of a deranged serial killer. :)

Now Drazen was a good map. The BEST times I had in JK, or any game bar none were on that map, with my clan brethren. Oh for those days.

I really don't have a problem with role playing in general, I can't see myself ever doing it but to each their own.

I just wish they would have stayed on designated RPG servers and left the rest of us (and the game) alone.

If they actually want to "play" fine go to a public server and play.

Just leave the saber off = peace crap back on the RPG server.

The ironic thing about this is when SWG comes out there are going to be a lot of people like myself who will be playing it who do not have the slightest interest in role playing.

I just want to go around killing people, mugging them, whatever.

I know it is going to be hard for Jedi Master Joe to stay in character when I’m firing off four lettered obscenities about his mother at an alarming rate.

I guess things come full circle after all.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Quite. A good response to complaints that one was killing people in Drazen RPG was that one was roleplaying the character of a deranged serial killer. :)

I say something like, "I am a navy cook who is on shore leave and ended up roleplaying DnD with some sailer buddies. After playing for 8 hours my dwarven circus performer was slain by an elf. Now I am exacting revenge for my poor dice rolls on your unsuspecting populace."

And then I chop them and when they complain that they are roleplaying I just say, "I know, and I just rolled a natural 20."

And then they call me "gay".

Most a pity.

Originally posted by Prime

I say something like, "I am a navy cook who is on shore leave and ended up roleplaying DnD with some sailer buddies. After playing for 8 hours my dwarven circus performer was slain by an elf. Now I am exacting revenge for my poor dice rolls on your unsuspecting populace."

That is just disturbing on so many levels...

And then I chop them and when they complain that they are roleplaying I just say, "I know, and I just rolled a natural 20."

Mind if I steal that line for my next JK2 Jihad assault on public saber off = peace servers?

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

Mind if I steal that line for my next JK2 Jihad assault on public saber off = peace servers?

You may fire when ready :)

I'm also thinking of using, "Behold! I have +8 in Annoyance."

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

Zodiac, VDS? you should know my friend HExen_VDS. He disliked jk2 just because it was slower. But, I adjusted, I was with END back in the day.

Lol. I just noticed this post. :p Bit late. But yeah, Hexy's my pal. I used to be in END too for a few days, but returned to VDS cuz I missed the orgies ;). Who were you in END? :) Maybe we've been clanmates without even knowing it. :D

Guest Jolts

a few things that turned me off of JO MP.

the rpging crack heads. I hate them, I hate them all. Then comes the basic mechanics of gameplay and weapons, generic, been there done that.

For all the people who might not of played everyother fps to come out since wolf3d and have just been introduced to a fps or online gaming I'm sure it was a blast while it lasted.

Thank the dear lord god above for swg, I hope in consumes all sw rpgers forever. Being realistic it won't, they will always spread out and get their stinky rpging hands in every sw game that comes out. It is the curse of sw.

The community forums being down 70% of the time right after the games release I'm sure also didn't help much for average person. I know its hard to run a site like this and its not free, but it still hurt the game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is nothing new, people were bashing the game within weeks of its release. People are fickle...

It's because these are people who either beat the game in 1 day or got mad because of the patches, or they just got bored, etc etc.

Who cares? If you enjoy the game, don't let these guys get you down. Everybody has a right to their opinion...

But methinks that they are hanging around here complaining rather than playing, while the "silent majority" are having fun.

This forum community is just the tip of the iceberg of the JK2 community. We shouldn't exaggerate our importance.

"Everyone" is not bashing the game.

Now watch, all the people bashing JK2 for its "lack of innovation" will be spooging over Unreal2 and Doom3 for their "incredible eye candy" and "impressive AI." ; )

Just watch....

Originally posted by Kurgan

"Everyone" is not bashing the game.

On the contrary. Even on these cynical boards here at Lucasforums, a few threads up there is a poll asking how people rate the game.

Currently, after 57 votes, 65% think it is excellent and 17% think it is the best game they have ever played.

I don't think anyone can deny that overall JO has been a huge success.

Yeah, I mean even if 100% of the people on these forums (which at the absolute most is 48,514 people... though many of those are probably people with more than one alias) absolutely unequivocally HATED JK2, that still is only a drop in the bucket of people who bought and play the game.

How many copies has JK2 sold?

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

I think the games sales alone will pretty much guarantee an expansion.

Has there been any more news since it slipped that there was another Jedi Knight project in development? Do we know yet if it is an expansion or full-fledged game? I'm guessing it is the former...

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet , but IIRC the main problem with Raven's treatment of "patches" was the lack of beta testing for this game.

if you recall, Raven were given an impossibly short development cycle (only one year to complete the game), so they had to take a few shortcuts.

instead of beta testing the game , they released a test candidate and then just watched the forums for feedback .. so they could change whatever they thought people were bitching about the most.

in retrospect , all this did was divide the community.

this gave the whiners their way.

and everyone who loved the game as it was first released..

(about 90% of those who rushed out to buy it on release-day)

..their voices were not heard. they felt betrayed. and insulted. so they walked away.

and so to answer the original question : why?

(essentially .. its because the game was rushed to market)

-------------------------

p.s: a few more shorcuts that were taken by Raven as they rushed this game to market

(shortcuts which are also seen as "insults" by hardcore gamers)

- the saber-combat system uses "random number generators" to determine the type/amount of damage inflicted by the sword (!)

meaning: the programmers didn't have time to properly implement the skeletal animation.. so they cheated

in the end, RUNE is a far more realistic 'sword-play simulator' for the hardcore gamer.

(and as for JO .. you might as well play DICE .. the game is not based on skill)

(and this was not acceptable to the MP community , who were told by Raven

'if you don't like it , patch it yourself')

(Raven then released the source code to the mod community,

and they officially stopped making patches)

- the mod community discovered very quickly..

..that the source code for JO makes constant reference to the main character as "Ensign Munroe" (LOL)

meaning: the programmers didn't have time to properly create this game from 'scratch';

they simply took the source code from 'STV:EliteForce' ,

and they re-released it as a "new" game (LOL)..

..with just a few changed textures and a few changed models..

to effectively turn "StarTrek" into "StarWars" (!?)

(( and of course, the loyal fanbase from the first, most excellent, JediKnight game

would simply not accept this "cookie-cutter" concept of game-design ))

(( and so the JO has no multiplayer community ))

(( because the game is tripe ))

Originally posted by Spider AL

1.04 was a godsend after the hell of 1.03. For that alone, I at least absolve Raven of any responsibility they may have had for listening too closely to the drone of the fanboys. Sure, Dark side is still nerfed, sabres are a little crap in guns FFA/CTF, but hey. I got another couple of months play thanks to Raven releasing 1.04. God bless 'em. Oh, and smite the fanboys please.

:angel:

1.04 is horrid. No Force fights take forever while you try to chip away. Full Force games the saber is really useless to swing. Go on Unnamed's duel server, it's FF, see if anyone there actually swings the saber unless it's a combo after a force attack. 1.04 combat is all kicks, force, and saber throws. 1.04 killed the competitive gaming community. Well 1.03 started it. The serious gamers were here in 1.02. But the fanboys killed it for us. And I will say that it was the cries of the non-fps, rpg newbie's that got the game changed. I e-mailed ken hoekstra when Raven released 1.04 asking what kind of crap this was. Why the damage scaling was so utterly futile now. He told me Raven was inundated with complaints about damage, so they did what the majority of the community wanted. Problem is the majority of the community wanted honorable saber rpg newbie crap. They didn't listen to the serious gamers who liked the game the way it was. Fixing actual bugs is one thing, totally changing the way the game plays is another. There was no need to do that. Anchor backstab, fine, but leave the damage. The problem would have been solved had they simply anchored backstab and fixed the pull/push system. I mean christ they nerfed the mid-air blue lunge. Now seeing people fly around in it is one thing. But you should be able to do a little jumping blue lunge, you can do jumps into red and yellow dfa's! But not lunge? Fanboy rpg newbie wanna-be honorable saber down jedi's ruined this game.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

fallen1.jpg

Archived