Home

I'm Stuck on Curse of Monkey Island - Please Help

goblin

I am very new at all this so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask. I am playing Curse of Monkey Island (Mega version). I am stuck very early in the game. I am in the town and have been told by the Voodoo woman that I must get a map to Blood Island, a ship , and a crew. An actor told me to go to the Beach club to speak with someone who knows about Blood Island. However, I can't get into the club, because the mean bartender won't let me. Please tell me what I am supposed to do now so that I can get on with the game. Thank you for helping!

The cabana boy won't let you through unless you're a card-carrying member of the Brimstone Beach Club... so you'll need to find a membership card.

Explore the island some more. Try to get to as many places as possible.

I'm stuck again! I've dueled with one of the barber shop pirates and he has agreed to be a member of my crew. I can't figure out what to do now. Another of the pirates (maybe Cut Throat Bill- I'm not sure) has said that he will join my crew if I show him some real treasure. Am I supposed to do something with this comment? Please help - I'm desperate.

by the way, just so we know, can you tell us which version of curse your playing. i mean whether it's normal or mega monkey (you had the choice of the two when you first started playing the game. if your unsure, just press D any time during gameplay and it will tell you. this is basically so were not telling you to do stuff you don't need to do.

Thanks for the hints. I'm playing mega version (although perhaps the regular version would have been more my speed). I'll try using your great little hints and see if I can now figure it out.

xElaineMarleyx - I did ask about the barbershop quartet and I agree it is very funny. I had no idea the game was going to be humorous when I got it. It was such a great surprise!:p

Archived