Home

Expanded universe

RocketPack Jack

Does any1 agree with me that the devs will eventually have to move the story on in-game, ie fall of the empire? They should let PC's take part in the events in Ep 5 & 6, when the space expansion comes out, so that the PC's can have the CHANCE to bring down the Empire. We could even have large space battles against Empire aligned NPC or PC chars, and fly in the trenches of the Death Star!!!

:duel:

$10 on the guy on the right plz!

Eeeeh... no? Well, really, I believe in at least a VERY slowed down pace. If the Empire crush the rebellion, it would suck for the thousands of rebel players. And if the Rebellion owerthrows the Empire, it would suck for the imperial players.

Sure, you could always have all those Dark Empire wars, and the Whoosang Whong or what'stheirnames, but frankly, SWG is all about classic Star Wars action, and it.. it... it would just be wrong, dammit! :)

I know I am not entirely rational, but my expectations for SWG as a setting is the kind of setting we have on tatoiine in ANH, nothing else. It would simply require an entirely new game, IMHO.

Fair enough, but i think ive heard that in the EU, there are still some empire loyalists in the galaxy sumwhere, so the empire wasn't totally destroyed. This would only mean a role reversal, cos at the present time the empire is taking over worlds while the rebel alliance is still relatively small (although successful).

Yes, that is what I meant with the Dark Empire wars etc, with loyalists fighting loyalists, and the g'damned New Republic and New Yedi Order and New Can't Believe Its Not Butter and whathaveyou.

Still not as fun as the classic era, at least not for me.

Other people may c it differently, and after all SWG is catering for a lot of people, so if the demand was there, they may be pressurized into developing the timeline just a little. As SWG is in between Ep. 4 + 5, they could move it on to a slightly different version of between 5 + 6. (By different i mean due to whatever the PC population may do to affect the continuity of the game).

:duel:

Archived