Home

creating efx files

000nate

I want to start to create efx files for my maps but am not so sure how. I have the editor I believe you use to make them called effectsed but need some tutorials to get started. Plus everytime I try to open it it gives me all these errors.....I'm going to try to reinstall it.

I've never made a working efx file(never made one that I felt was good enough to have any purpose to finish).

Is your error "can't find *** for ***** etc. continue receiving message for file?"? I get that and just hit no on each of them and nothing bad happens.

The tools come with something that is basically a tutorial about using the particle strip. I figure it out using trial and error and never found any other tutorials.

I actually haven't looked yet. I will now and post again if I find one. It's really a lot of trial and error in which you use strips that fit in what you want to make. Someone asked about a large fire-whoever did, I'm sorry I can't remember your screenname. I would look at one of the fires for the strips needed and make everything bigger. 000nate, I will now search.

On the topic of EFX files, where is the force fountain thing from the valley of the jedi? I couldn't find it and haven't seen it used yet. I see how to make it basically.

Originally posted by Emon

Oh, BTW, to fix those stupid things about dirt.jpg, none.jpg, brick.jpg and stucco.jpg, just make a gray JPEG that's like 32x32 pixels, place it in your Tools folder and make copies of it so you have one called dirt.jpg, none.jpg, brick.jpg and stucco.jpg. I think it's for the walls of the little room that it makes, but I don't bother with it.

While searching I found this. :D There goes a bunch of pointless errors. Thanks Emon!

Archived