Home

Annoying bug in game

svösh

Is it just me or has some one else noticed a wierd flickering in the single player simple shadow ?

is this a known bug and if so is there a fix?

if it's a shader thing i don't know how to build shaders but if its a simple .tga file or .jpg file where can i find it (ex.. in the directory structure of jk2)

Please any one help Thanks :)

No idea if this will effect Single Player, but:

Have you messed around with the cg_shadows settings?

I personally haven't come across this problem, but I could be wrong.

As for the settings for the above bold variable:

0 -- No shadows.

1 -- Ordinary shadows (blobs).

2 -- Stencil buffer shadows.

3 -- Very dark stencil buffer shadows. This setting is a complete and utter frame-rate killer. ;)

Thanks !

no, I haven't messed with the cg_shadows i have my settings on simple shadows or(blobs)

you only see it when you move the mouse so you are looking down on your player it looks like a flashing (3d)edge alpha problem or some thing right behind and under the player.

Thanks for the response Hèkx Nòxú .

it's not only with kyle but any model i use so it seams to me it's some thing in the shadows.

I tried the different shadow settings that you

mentioned Hèkx Nòxú.

0 -- No shadows.

1 -- Ordinary shadows (blobs).

2 -- Stencil buffer shadows. ( i found this to be volumetric shadows this one is the frame ratekiller )

3 -- Very dark stencil buffer shadows. (this seems to process as quick as no shadows, or simple shadows, and it gives a very nice drop shadow. {not quite soft enough around the edges and it's a little to dark but hey it will do}

Thanks Again Hèkx Nòxú, your help was very much appreciated.

svösh :D

Archived