Home

I heard it sucks!

Guest Isolator

Guest Isolator

Hmm I really hope this ain't true before you guys have a go at me.

Because I really want it to be good, however the feedback at Voodoo Extreme is not good so far, poor controls it appears.

Now I ain't played the demo yet so Im still hoping that the game is okay after all bad demo does not always = bad game, driver PC for example.

Click here for the bad news

http://www.voodooextreme.com/comments.mv?942294510

If anyone has played it and thinks it rocks let me know.

Chris ( Iso )

http://www.searchgate.co.uk/

Yep. Sorry to say but it does. The graphics are really good in 32-bit mode but the game controls are the worst ive ever seen. LucasArts should've checked out the mouse control from Heretic II and learned. The movements are so damn slow that i gave up on the demo after 15 mins of playing. I mean when LA's quality department test that ****, cant see actually see that its NOT fun at all??? Sheesh also Indys voice is a joke..sounds more like indys father. All the last lucas games sucked..im not sure what LA is doing.(im talkin about the SW games). and for the people who think the demo is a beta or wayy different then the full game.. get a clue. The demo IS the final game. The only way i would buy the game is if they would fix the controls..

the demo does rock. Katana, this is an adventure game not an action game. It should not be compared to heretic2. Like the Tomb Raider series (which is the biggest competition), it is played better with a joystick/gamepad. The controls are just fine with that. The graphics are awesome, the animations are very good (best i've seen in almost any game). The demo is very good, and I can't wait to play the full game and to edit it.

Yeah you are right Rieekan. When I played it it was the same feeling like playing Jedi Knight for the first. Ok, the controls are a not as good and Indy moves very stoic (just one action/animation at a time) but hey, after 10 minutes of playing i got used to it. I am missing a little more ingame music but LA will fortunatley give it cd tracks like they did with JK.

sucka assa...

------------------

posted by DigitalHellNative

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Samuel Clemens (MarkTwain) (1835-1910), American Writer

Why can't I have a faster modem????? I can't download it right now because My server will kick me off before I get the entire file. Luckly, tommarow, I'll be able to get on a server with a T1 connection. I can't wait until then. Once I get it, I'll give you all the Dan review. About the controls, remember, this IS NOT Jedi Knight. The controls will not be nearly the same. Instead of using a mouse, try a joystick or run fully with the keyboard. Also, about Indy sounding more like his dad, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT??? Indy is older in this one then he was in any of the movies. It seems logical that his voice would start to sound like one of his parents. I can't wait until I get the demo on my PC. And I can't wait until I have the actual game, in my hands. I'd like to see this game on Dreamcast, and also, I'd like to see a Multiplayer expansion pack. Even if it's just co-operative. I could go for that.

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited November 11, 1999).]

huh..heh u love the demo buy the game, cool smile.gif

i still say the controls ruin the game. And please dont give me this "this is not an action game bbla bla " crap cause i know its adventure but the controls couldve been WAY (ok again, WAY) better. Heretic II was more action sure but the controls wouldve been perfect for indy. Seems on all the other boards people agree...if this is was supposed to be more of an adventure game then LA shoulve left it at the point and click ala atlantis..also theres zero original gameplay in Indy..Its just like Tomb Raider...even the inventory system is almost the same...lets see : u push the crate, use the whip (cool but gets old fast), swim, kill fish, hit the button,kill scorpions, hack some more fish..sheesh..

The controls aren't hard at all once you take 30 minutes to learn them! The graphics rock, and the jeep is sweet! I beat the first demo in 2 hours 30 min.

------------------

"There's no need to fear, your local Grand Admiral is near!"

yea pretty much like the tomb raiders but Indy does it so much better. If you don't like the game, no one is forcing you to play it, or to come to these forums. Are you trying to say that adventure games can't be 3d? This is an adventure game. There would be no point to heretic2 like controls. There is no need to look around alot, because there isn't alot of enemies (like in action games.) I love the controls! Just like the movies, you don't want to be running around everywhere you go, there are traps you know (though they aren't there in the demo).

Guest Isolator

Darn!! Now I don't know for sure, someone says it sucks, someone says it rocks, which is it?

I'll just have to get that demo which will take forever on my connection.

Iso

Guest Rieekan

Hey, Thrawn! I see you got some sense knocked into you and wandered over here!

wink.gif

(That is, if you're the same Thrawn from XWA.net...)

Dan brings up a interesting point, Indy has to be pretty old in this game, He was in his early forties in the last crusade. Is the healing powerup in this game "ben gay"?

[This message has been edited by Gerod (edited November 12, 1999).]

Guest CalaveraCafe

Well I'm gonna BUY it!!!!!!!

I liked the Demo!

Its on my games to buy list, right up there with GABRIEL KNIGHT: BLOOD OF THE SACRED, BLOOD OF THE DAMNED

Guest Techno Ry

I don't think anyone wants to hear any more from you, Ms. Talon. If you don't like the game, shut the hell up and go away.

------------------

The speed of time is one second per second

Guest Dark_Indy

Yea, Ms. Talon, if you dont even like the game then go back to the XWA forums, where you are slightly appreciated, because everyone else here loves Indy, and all your complaints are totally wrong, if you would just give it a chance....you dont like the slow turning, did you ever try to hold shift while turning?!? I think not....

indy-gun2.gif <---Indy hater's fate smile.gif

Guest galahad17

It's obvious your a Drakan lover. Why don't you head on over to the Drakan forums and post your heart out. I still say us Indy lovers should head on over to the Drakan forums smile.gif

galahad17

Guest Ms. Talon

Gee, it's sad when one cannot express an honest opinion...even though it may not be popular. It's fine and dandy that you all love the demo, but it's NOT fine when you can't accept someone's opinion just because it happens not to be yours. I played the demo, and I have the right to say what I thought of it! I gave my honest opinion and compared it to 2 other popular adventure titles that we've PLAYED! So it's not what you wanted to hear,...boy...talk about childish! What are you going to do if the game mags gives the game poor reviews? Are you going to jump down their throats too?...Are they all going to be wrong and only those who likes the game will be worth listening to?

Oh, and by all means head over to the Drakan forums, just be sure that you can speak intelligently from EXPERIENCE, (in other words, play it first!)...so you don't make a fool of yourself.

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited November 16, 1999).]

Guest galahad17

Eveyone has the right to their own opinion. I beleive that. I don't think the demo's perfect but I like what I see so far. As for the reviews, Lucas Arts isn't going to please everybody.The reviewers are a bit biased to one genre or another so it's hard to get an acturate review. The best thing you can do is play the demo and hope it's close to the final version so you can make a go choice.I have played to Drakan demo and was impressed but it had it's flaws. I didn't like the way you couln't mouse look while you were on the dragon. I hope they gave the option to so in the final release. I guess us Indy lovers are a little over protective smile.gif

galahad17

Guest Ms. Talon

O Drakan certainly DID have its flaws...big ones! Not least of which were a very buggy initial release and a VERY LAME ending...I nearly tossed the CD against the wall when that ending came. It's a real sore point as far as Drakan fans are concerned.

The reason I brought up Drakan as a standard, if people actually READ my initial post instead of screaming at me,...is that the explorable environments were a real breakthrough...incredibly expansive and virtually limitless is 3 dimensions! The landscape is beautifully rich and ORGANIC! (And most of the time you can actually go back and forth between levels!) There was virtually nowhere you could not go. After that, one thing that was immediately disappointing for me with Indy is that it is dominated by the rigid and clunky block-based system that plagued the Tomb Raider series. (Although they are promising to do away with that in TR4.)...it's simply archaic!

Despite its problems, though, I must admit Drakan was the most fun I've had in a computer game in a long time!...The freedom of movement and the variety of gameplay, and the stunning vistas really MADE you want to go on. And, 2/3rds of the way into the game, once you defeat a certain knight, you pick up his sword; the "Mournbringer"...a great sword that wails with dead souls and steals another's life when you hit with it. What a riot it was using it for the last 1/3rd of the game!...But I digress.

Ms. Talon, (and company)

I think you have every right to say what you feel about this game. I did the very same thing under your original post.

I think what someone said about "Us Indy fans are too protective" is exactly the point. Relax; young people are so quick to anger nowadays, and slow to try to understand.

I didn't say I hated LucasArts, Indiana Jones or Rap. (Oh wait, I do hate rap.) But I did make my opinion known about how middle-of-the-road I feel this game is.

I just don't think it's fair for nobody to speak up and say, "Caveat Emptor" (Buyer Beware) when looking at this game. It won't please everyone, true. But we all shell out our hard-earned cash (except those of you still living with your Mommies and Daddies) for games, and we'd like to think that we spent out money wisely.

If you like it, more power to you, but the point I'm laboriously trying to make is that just because you like something, doesn't mean I should, or will.

JIMMUS

P.S. Dear LucasArts, please bring back Sam and Max, and don't make it a 3D game.

Guest Ms. Talon

Well said! This is a public forum for discussion from all sides, no-one should be attacked for their opinion. I may be older and perhaps more demanding as to game standards...After all, I'm the one shelling out hard-earned money for this stuff so we have to be careful where it goes.

However, even my 11 year old son thought the demo was lame...dated graphics, stiff animation and ho-hum gameplay. I think LEC took way too long in developing this one, it may have been impressive 2-3 years ago, but it's just plain clunky now!

Archived