Home

Not impressed...not even a little bit!

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest Jamison

JIMMUS;

Ok, we all know your opinion of the game now. You have recieved your much needed attention. Perhaps you could quit reguritating the same negative posts over and over now.

Jamison

Jeez, This is starting to get annoying,

Indy Rocks,

No no Indy sucks, Draken rocks,

If you like Draken so much go to the draken boards and post,

Indy ripped off Lara, Lara rocks,

Lara ripped off Indy, Indy rocks

The graphics and the controls suck,

The graphics and the control rock,

Blah blah blah blah!

SHUT UP!, it is pointless and stupid to scream and cry back and forth about how good or bad indy is, There is 25 posts on this board, and yet strangely nobody has said anything new since the first few posts. Indy is good game in my opinion, but everbody is entilted to thier own opinion, so say whatever you want, and if somebody disagrees ignore them.And for those sayin "I`m a rebel, Indy sucks", That the dumbest reason I`ve ever heard for defending yourself in the history of this forum!

Guest JavaTank

Just a few random thoughts floating around (or maybe not so random...I dunno):

I saw one guy complain that Indy couldn't "lead" his targets with his pistol. Ok, let's not forget that Indy is, first and foremost, an archaeologist. He's not some globe-trotting hussy out to make a quick buck.

I was bothered by the pauses between the animations, but I forgot about it 2 minutes into the demo.

I was also impressed by the graphics. Much better than Quake 2's drab browns. If I didn't know better, I'd say it wasn't the JK engine.

The controls - great. He's responsive, and I don't mind that there isn't a Quake style mouselook feature. The rolls and jumps look very nice, as do the weapon animations.

Gameplay - excellent. The first time I used the whip, and a little piece of the Indy theme played, I got goosebumps! The jeep is topnotch, and the puzzles so far aren't very frustrating. The slow pace was a nice change from the myriad dark first person shooters out there. Its not Hexen II, or Unreal, or the Curse of Monkey Island. Its a game about Indiana Jones, a NORMAL person caught up in extraordinary situations.

I found it to be very true to the movies, and plan on picking up the game. Oh yeah, I do wish they could've gotten Harrison Ford to do Indy's voice though. Oh well. :p

Ciao

Guest JavaTank

One last thing, for Ms. Talon, about the "dated" and unorganic graphics. LEC is well-known for writing their games to the lowest common denominator, machine requirement-wise. I was honestly surprised to find out that Indy would be hardware only.

By doing this, they can reach a larger group of people (theoretically. :p) than a polygon heavy Drakan.

Ciao

On the note about not being able to lead a target. What fun would that be? You wouldn't even have to think on how to shoot or when to shoot. Personally, I didn't like it at first, but, once I realized how easy it would be otherwise, I liked it. Also, if we forget TR for a moment and look at past Indy games, a lot of the ideas are the same, from pushing boxes into the right places to putting 2-meter planks into his jacket. I think it stays with the tradition of past Indy games which have been around a lot longer than TR, so drop the idea that Indy copied off of TR, it's an Indy game, and stays in line with Indy games.

Dan

Archived