Home

indy warez?

Guest klaas

Does anybody know if Indiana Jones and the infernal machine is warez, I live in Holland, Europe and I think it ships 2 months later than in the United States. I can't wait so long.

Guest Hamster Idol

Give the guy a break. Imagine waiting an extra 2 weeks when everyone else has it already.

[This message has been edited by Hamster Idol (edited November 18, 1999).]

Guest MrNeutron

That's a false analogy, Jamison. But anyway, how could you download the game anyway? It's two full CDs. I think it's sad he felt it neccessary to write "Holland, Europe" to distinguish from Holland, Deleware. Weren't you, klaas, saying elsewhere on this board how wretched the game is? I could have sworn you were.

Guest Jamison

MrNeutron, why is that a false analogy? He wants to steal something because he doesn't want to wait. Sometimes people steal cars because they don't want to wait to actually work and save up for one. Both refer to someone taking something that doesn't belong to them because they are impatient.

Jamison

FYI if you care:

You can get the Game, full version, in warez, it's about 200 megs to download, and that's a hacked version that expands to about 900 megs when installed. Plus, there is no Voice, and no Music. (not the ISO CD copy)

Now why the heck would ANYONE wanna play the game with no Music or voices... It sucked.. I went and got the CD's myself.

BTW - Stealing a car is not the same as stealing a game when it comes to warez. Maybe if you stole the CD from the store - that WOULD be a valid analogy, but downloading a hacked warez version is not the same.. first off, before i spend 50 bucks on a game, i want to see what it'll be like. have you ever noticed that Demos never well represent the game? Everyone always says.. ohh the full version will be a lot better than the demo! Well WTF kind of car dealer would let you take a testdrive in a prototype car with 1/2 of it missing?

Warez is wrong yeah, but so is the way the Computer gaming industry makes and sells games. Personally, I get the warez version of a game if i happend to find it, try it out, and THEN if i like it, i'll go out and BUY the game. Now if I played through the entire warez game, that, I would consider to be morally wrong.

Not everyone who dabbles in warez is a horrible computer pirate. But, I think this is a nice clean board, and shouldn't get into warez.

wow, that post was a lot longer than i thought it'd be :p

Guest Jamison

Why don't you just BUY the game from a dealer that allows you to return it if you don't like it. I know both EB and Babbages give yu up to 10 days to return it for any reason.

When you use your little "try before you buy" tactics, it increases the cost for everyone else that legitimently and legally purchases the game. By creating a higher demand for hacked software, you make it more visable to people that would never consider purchasing after they get it illegal.

Jamison

------------------

"Ahhhh, medicinal herbs."

There's no babbages in BC where I live, and EB doesn't refund the games where I live either. As well, you don't buy a car, and then return it because you decided you didn't like it, no, you have to sell it for half the price. Which sucks. As well, games prices have actaully DECREASED of late. If you remember, prices used to hover around 20-50 dollars in the early ninties for a commercial game.. due to piracy, they inflated to 60-90 dollars for a game. When this happened, people could not afford to buy games at all, and most recently, lack of buyers brought the prices back down into the 30-60 range.. I'm in economics, and I've studied this. Anyways, I'm writing this kinda 1/2 drunk so excuse any writing mistakes. Also, I live in canada, so these prices might seem slightly High to you americans.. it's not, they're just in canadian funds.. At any rate...Indy Jones infernal machine Rocks! It's one game definatley Worth buying!

Adventure on..

EB should refund the game they have a 10 suck claus it you do not like it. People work hard on games and they shoud not be stolen. I do agree the fact that demos are not like the real deal, but that still does not make it right.

Raptor: Theft is theft. You can't say that it's not as bad to walk into Softare ETC and steal a game then to steal a car. A judge won't treat it any different. Anything stolen above 20 cents where I live is considered a felony. Granted, a car is higher in worth. But all things being equal.. It's theft.

Guest FotTrigger

I agree theft is theft!

Also, what are you talking about klaas?

I live in germany, which is right next to holland and I bought the game a week ago or earlier.....US import, never heard of that?

KILL ALL BLACKMARKET DEALERS!!! THEY ARE THE CAUSE WHY THE GAMES COST MORE!!!!

------------------

<<<Fottrigger>>>

"What is this? Sounds like steppin' on popcorn!"

Seriously. I was amazed that Indy3d only costed 40 dollars in the US (Not sure if it's different for other nations) instead of the usual 50 or 60. The more people pirate the more they raise the cost to compensate for sale losses. Klaas. I have the game and I can't play for it another week at least because of a bug. I'm not searching for warez, though. Most warez doesnt even work completely for games. You'll beat about 3/4 of it and then the levels afterwards won't play. Gee.. That's real fun.

Guest MdkSniper

I think it is pretty screwed up to steal. Lately, I noticed the EB is always cheaper then Compusa and Bestbuy. They always used to have higher prices.. This has nothing to do with this post..

------------------

No. It shows a point. Some companies can compensate for lost sales.. So they're prices stay low due to that or for over-stock reasons. Oters can't..so prices go up.

Archived