Home

My recent brush with a higher intelligence.

Guest Jamison

Guest Jamison

The following is a recent transcript of someone that contacted me from AOLIM:

Dogma12: i saw that you liked action adventure games

Jamison: Yeah.

Dogma12: i don't have alot of money to spend played anything cool

Jamison: Actually I have. It looks like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine is the sleeper hit of the year. Everyone is raving about it and I am about half way through it. It never ceases to amaze me so far.

Dogma12: oh yeah i heard it sucked

Jamison: Oh well, what can I say. I played it. It doesn't suck.

Dogma12: my friend downloaded the demo and hated it

Jamison: Demos are often misleading. I played the demo too and wasn't too impressed. The full version is worth every penny you pay for it though. Best level design I have seen all year.

Dogma12: oh yeah i guess you hadnt heard that it is a tomb raider clone huh

Jamison: Well, I played Tomb Raider, and although I enjoyed it, this game is leaps and bounds beyond Tomb Raider. It's not really apropriate to call it a TR clone.

Dogma12: oh yeah indiana jones is a laura wanna be

Jamison: Fair enough. Don't buy it. Your loss.

Dogma12: so is it really so much better than tomb raider

Jamison: Like I said, it is not fair to compare it to Tomb Raider. It is an adventure game...Tomb Raider is an action game. Ultima 9 borrows heavily from the TR engine but it is an RPG while tomb raider is an action title. Indiana Jones is an adventure title. Don't compare them.

Dogma12: i read a review that compared them

Jamison: Then for crying out loud! Don't buy the damn game! You ask my opinion by the way. Most reviews are giving the game high marks. Everyone that has played it loves it. If you don't believe me, then leave me alone!

Dogma12: it sounds to much like tomb raider

Jamison: Did you like Tomb Raider?

Dogma12: I use to but it seems kina lame now

Jamison: Why did you stop liking it?

Dogma12: cause its lame

Jamison: I see.

Dogma12: CAn you recomend somthing else

Jamison: No.

Dogma12: all the online mags and paper mags say it sucks

Jamison: Hmmm... I haven't read any of that.

Dogam12: U will

Jamison: Perhaps.

Dogma12: so you think i should buy it

Jamison: No. I think you should leave me alone.

Dogma12: You suck and so does Indiana Jones.

Jamison: Fair enough. Your loss.

THE END

Jamison

------------------

"Hmmm... That girl looks whippable."

I dunno.

Any game that gives us the disappearing platforms in the lava pits, the gear puzzle in mexico, and a secret level straight out of our favorite movie, is the king of all games and completely outweighs any mechanical comparison with a bad copy of this one's original milieu.

Sleeper hit? How many units have been sold since November 15th?

--Blair

"Mine's sold itself again and again."

Anybody who even thinks that putting up a 3 page transcript of nothing but time wasting crap should stop! *cough cough* jamison.... stop it with the useless posts please. (yeah io know freedom of speech and all that, I'mnot being hostile just speaking my mind, you do give lots of good posts though youve been helping everyone out but this is just.. i dont know!)

Guest Rieekan

Personally, I think it's hilarious. Except for the very end, it sounds like a LEC undercover agent gathering general public response to Indy Infernal.

The way I look at it is that it's Indy. I consider myself a true Indy fan, and any true Indy fan will get the game just because it says Indy on it. And I hate it how people are calling it a TR rip-off. TR is a rip-off of the entire idea of Indiana Jones. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's a lot like past Indy games, but better. That's the way to look at it, not comparing it to a game made by another company who got the idea from Indiana Jones. If you compare it to Fate of Atlantis or Last Crusade, it's better in many ways. I think that it's apporprate to compare it with other Indy games before we compare it to TR. But, in my personal opinion, Infernal machine is so much better than anything I've ever seen. The graphics are great once you turn them up. The storyline is origanal. It keeps in line with past Indy movies and games, and in some respects is above them. If you don't like it, fine, don't buy it. Go get TR. Get the game that got the idea from the world's greatest hero ever in film. I don't care. It's your loss.

Dan

I totally agree. Indiana Jones started the entire Treasure Hunter idea. Tomb Raider is becoming a movie is it not? I'm sure that'll be a field day for anyone that wants to say it's a rip off of Indiana. Yes. The gameplay is similar. But there's a lot of differences too. Indy3d isn't just some going-around-killing-everything-get-the treasure-level-over-kind-of-game. People complain on all these Tomb Raider post boards about how Indy is a direct rip of it. Well how many ways can you make a character pull a block back or jump? Anyway.. That post WAS funny. One minute he hates it.. Then he's starting to think maybe. Then it's back to hates it. 12 year olds.. Go figure. =P

Sounds like the Sega haters bashing the Dreamcast eh? I mean they shouldn't talk crap until they actually go hands on and play it...I thought the demo was awesome and I knew was was gonna have to buy it right when I got to the jeep part, because its fun to take out all of your anger on the stupid commies. If you ask me, people like that need to just keep their mouths shut, and I

m gonna have to IM this guy and give him a piece of my mind. Oh yeah, by the way, I think its funny, but the guy needs to chill.

------------------

-Josh-

Archived