Home

The Flying Welshman

Captain Xero

Guest Das Mole

its just a name. :rolleyes:

just cause there's a flying dutchman in spongebob, that doesn't mean he has to have a dutch accent. or if my name comes from the french language, i wouldn't need to have a french accent.

Erm...isn't "Das" German, not French?

Anyway, I've pondered this myself, but then I thought: "How many non-British people would know what a Welsh accent was like anywho?".

Like Mole said, I think it's just a name, albeit an obscure one.

Guest Das Mole
Erm...isn't "Das" German, not French?

i know that. i mean my real name (which isn't from the french language anyway, it was just an example), and not my username.

Originally posted by Captain Xero

Still, it's a little strange trying to imagine someone like Haggis McMutton with a Californian accent or similar.

yes, but evevryone knows what a scottish accent sounds like, but very few non-english (and of course non-welsh or anywhere else in the UK) people encounter welsh people and therefore many people don't know what it sounds like.

also the Whole Flying Welshman things is a parody on the Flying Dutchman (with no connections with Spongebob except he appeared in an apisode), an opera by Wagner about a sailor cursed to travel the seven sea throughout eternity, but every seven years, he is able to stay on shore for one day in search for true love as it is that which will break his spell.

Guest Das Mole
also the Whole Flying Welshman things is a parody on the Flying Dutchman (with no connections with Spongebob except he appeared in an apisode)

actually, the flying dutchman appeared in two episodes. either that or three. i'm pretty sure it's two, though.

Archived