Home

Nazi Vs. Soviets

Guest jake

Has anyone else noticed that playing against the Soviets just doesn't have the same thrill as the Nazis? I mean.. when you think of Nazi.. It just screams out evil. (Unless you're one sadistic puppy.) .You dont think of the soviets that badly away from the political way. Indy vs Communism.. Indy VS World Dominating Army.. Hmm. The Cold War wasn't fighting at all. It was all political. Most people associate USSR with the way things are going with Russia right now in there minds, making it all seem less evil. Maybe it's just me but I dont think its more fun to go around taking down Hitler then to defeat the Soviets.

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited November 26, 1999).]

Guest FotTrigger

I don't know where you come from but have you ever thought about the rivalery between USA and USSR? Why are all enemys in movies or games (Command&Conquer2) Either Nazis or Russians? Well you might say Nazis are pure evil but don't you think Communism is almost as much hated by US government as Nazis are?

(See Cuba conflict...almost led to the third world war when the russians had installed their Rockets there)

And by the way I don't think you should judge your "enemies" by the number of kills they are guilty off, that is a little too much....

Just think about it....

------------------

<<<Fottrigger>>>

"What is this? Sounds like steppin' on popcorn!"

Guest Dark_Indy

Well..all I have to say is that they are COMMIES!!! Come on! what better enimies could you possibly want in your game! Granted, the Ice monster was cool, but Commies are so much fun to blow away!

-Dark Indy

Personally, I perfer Nazis. What could be more fun to knock off. There really wasn't a war between the US and Russia. Nazis seem to be colder than Russians. I would have liked it better if it was Hitler that Indy was fighting.

Exactly my point. The soviets went AGAINST Hitler. And the Cold War never had any fighting within it. Depending on your political veiw the USSR could be either good or bad. But unless there's something seriously wrong with your head Hitler and the Nazi are just considered evil

Guest Shaggiana Joe

I just like shooting people. Indiana could be fighting the Catholic Church, and as long as I got a 9mm automatic, I'd be happy.

"In the name of the father, and the son and.."

*BANG BANG BANG, BOOM, FWEEEEEEEEE, BOOOOOOOOOOOM*

------------------

I'm just like Indy... if he were a pimp.

-Shaggy

Guest FotTrigger

I figured out why there are no nazis in this game....

If there were, Lec would have to change the whole game for sale in europe because nazi symbols are forbidden over here....

Besides, does it matter what political occupation your enemy is of, as long as his blood is red? ;-)

------------------

<<<Fottrigger>>>

"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real...."

I'm very doubtful on that. Unless this is a new law that is NOT the case because Fate of Atlantis and Last Crusade have been sold over there. And why is it illegal over there? Despite it's meaning it's part of history. Which people must learn from. People have tried to ban the Confederate flag over here but it never goes through because of that.

~Jake

"In the name of the father, and the son and.."

*BANG BANG BANG, BOOM, FWEEEEEEEEE, BOOOOOOOOOOOM*

That's Why!

-Damian

------------------

Fear is the path to the darkside.

Guest Shaggiana Joe

Yes. DOWN WITH CHRISTIANITY! (He said with casual Brooklyn worthy sarcasm) =P

Actually, I'm a Christian Taoist, so no, I think I'm insulting my own religion. Better go to confession now before I spend eternity blazing in the eternal fire of Hell with Lucifer and little red people poking me in the butt with metal sporks. wink.gif

------------------

I'm just like Indy... if he were a pimp.

-Shaggy

I meant it as a joke. All the talk about shooting people was getting heavy. I could actually care less if they were German, Russian, Norweigan, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican...WHATEVER! Germans only seem to be Indy's natural enemy because of the movies, that's all.

-Damian

------------------

Fear is the path to the darkside.

:-/

Not to be didactic or anything, but you all may recall that Hitler got away with his early attacks (Poland, Austria, Chechoslovakia) because Stalin signed a nonagression pact with Germany. The CCCP's blind eye was essential, because a Blitzkrieg force is a light one and couldn't have won if it was opposed by the real thing. It was only when the Nazis decided they had a shot at beating the Soviets that they broke the treaty and invaded. However, contrary to common propaganda, Hitler and his pals were dumb as rocks, and they sorely miscalculated the effects of sub-sub-sub-zero weather and several million foes on their half-million-man force. But my point is, the Soviets were in on Hitler's subjugation of Europe. Aided and abetted. Accomplices. Henchmen. Brothers in harm.

So it's not only fun to run over Commies with the jeep, it's good for your soul.

--Blair

"There are no atheists in mine cars <*bonk*> Ow!"

Guest CocoClown

He's right. Hitler and pals weren't that clever. They nade the same mistake as Napolean: invading Russia in winter.

He also refused to allow his Generals to make startegic withdrawals. Moron.

Personally, I like killing Soviets too.

Was it purpose of LAs to make Indy trigger happy ?

I guess we created him as he is now - and: after ww2 there was communism in the USSR - so: perhaps Indy (6) fights against terrorism ? Who knows ?!?

------------------

Xafir

Archived