Home

Is Harrison Ford Going to be fit enough to play Indy once more?

Guest Timbaland

Guest Timbaland

With George Lucas occupied with The Starwars prequels and Steven Spielberg doing SOMETHING i presume the next or should i say LAST Indy Adventure could be made in 2006!!

Is Harrison Ford Going to be fit enough for the role?! Remember Mr. Ford is going to be 60 or something in 2006!

------------------

just making it up as i go along...

I know. It would be best to put off Star Wars for a bit and get Indy done, so it's not too late (Forget the people obsessed with Star Wars, Indy is what I'll remember Lucas for). Star Wars could easily be put off for a year while Indy is done. It wouldn't be as hard as trying to do Indy with Ford in his late 50s. Make-up artists are good, but it would be hard for them to make Ford look young enough.

Dan

Guest Timbaland

I agree 100% It MUST be done NOW!!! Starwars can wait! And i will not take it if they take some other actor for the role of indy!

------------------

Well, I happen to be a person who likes Star Wars and Indy. It has been assured that Ford will play Indy, and it will start filmming in 2005. Star Wars needs to get done as well. Ford will be good enough, although it will most-likely be his last action movie.

Steven is doing Jurassic Park 3.

------------------

"There's no need to fear, your local Grand Admiral is near!"

Guest Shaggiana Joe

I wouldn't be "crushed" if Ford got replaced as Indy, and I've been a fan since age 4. I think of Indy like people think of James Bond. It can be a series that NEVER ages, like the Happy Days TV show. Notice that there have been 3 Bond incarnates after Connery (Dalton, Brosnan, Moore and Lazenby doesn't count). The character never ages and adjusts to the time, or better put, the time adjusts to him. We've already seen 4 different Joneses between the movies and Young Indy series. So what's the big idea about no Ford this time around? The series can last a very long time. Harrison doesn't have to be in them. I love the movies because of Indiana Jones' way of dealing with the occult, not because of Harrison Ford's brown eyes as of 20 years ago. Dig it?

Guest Timbaland

Yeah i understand BUT you gotta think of the majority of Indy Fans. They see Harrison ford

as the Mature INDY incarnate It's the little things Ford does HIS mannerisms that MADE the Indy we now KNOW. Or would you rather see Tom Selleck in the role? Don't forget Selleck was First choice for the role!

As for the other Indy's OFFCOURSE other actors have to play him! you cant ask Harrison ford to play the young Indy!

Now that I think about it, as long as the guy looks like Indy, I'm happy. If he can play the part properly, I don't see a reason why they can't have someone else. I geuss that there could be someone else, it would allow there to be more Indiana Jones movies if they had someone else do it. If they stay with Ford, this will be the last one.

Dan

Guest Timbaland

Then they might as well make a CGI Indiana jones Movie then he stays young forever...

------------------

Guys.. Look.. He'll be around 55. That is NOT that old. Sean Connery is nearly 80 and he's still making movies. He won't be THAT old that he can hardly walk. If it gets so bad he can simply use a stunt man.

Guest Shaggiana Joe

I'd like to break this down for everyone real quick:

1. For Harrison

[*]HARRISON FORD AND THE STRUGGLE OF THE AMAZON

-Ford is Indiana Jones in real life with his Save the Brazilian/Amazonian Basin's Rainforest and Highlands that he's doing

[*]FORD WARS: THE PHANTOM ARCHEOLOGIST

-When someone says Eastwood, you think angry cowboys and dirty cops. When someone says Ford, you think wry smugglers and treasure-hunting archeologists. There's no way around it because it's a law of cinema.

[*]WHEN HARRY MET DOUG LEE

-Thanks to revelations from things such as Doug Lee's voice in general, we know that the only Indy we can truly comprehend as THE Indy is Ford because of his dry wit and persona.

[*]ALABAMA SMITH AND THE GARDEN OF EDEN? WHA?

With false scripts jumping all over the internet since 1994, it's obvious fans want a sequel with Ford. He's their hero. Duh.

</list>

1. Against Ford

[*]INDIANA JONES AND THE GERIATRIC SOLITUDE

He'll be friggin' 64 when production starts. Indy will be in his late 50s, childless and depending on your standpoint with the immortal discussion from last month, living and aging forever. So... where's the plot? May I remind everyone of this qoute:

"90% of all archeology is done in the library. With research and reading."

Sound like fun? I didn't think so.

[*]LET ME GET MY DENTURES IN AND WE CAN DO THE LOVE SCENE

What about the female role opposite Ford in this? Does anyone pity her? She's going to have to make out with a 64 year old man, and unless it's a 64 year old woman (Which'd be ****ing disgusting), it's going to be completely unnatural. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, Catherine Zeta-Jones didn't have any complaints about Connery... but... he's Connery. But Rene Rousou (However you spell her name) had nothing but compliments for Pierce Brosnan in the Thomas Crowne Affair.

[*]CROWNING A NEW INDY

Who could fill Ford's shoes? Maybe that guy from 7 Days on the UPN network, or that guy on the Sci-Fi channel's "Farscape". Even Ralph Fiennes would make a good Indy if he lost the accent. Remember, he was up for the lead role in the Casablanca remake before it got tossed. The person that I think could best fit the shoes is the man who's worked under many big stars and yet doesn't get half the respect he should in the States. He was in Jurrasic Park, The Hunt for Red October, Merlin, The Horse Whisperer and Star Trek: Insurrection. JP, and ST show his action skills. Merlin and The Horse Whisperer show his dramatic side, and The Hunt for Red October shows that he IS ready for the Indy fedora, even though that movie is 15 or 16 years old now. His name: Sam Neill.

[/list=a]

Any thoughts, people?

------------------

Hey, it's my turn to pull off the mask, Scoob.

Guest Timbaland

SAM NEILL!!?!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL NO!!!!

THEN I VOTE FOR THAT GUY FROM FARSCAPE!!!

OR BETTER MAKE A YOUNG INDY MOTION PICTURE WITH SEAN PATRICK FLANNERY! WHERE HE PLAYS THE INDY IN HIS EARLY TWENTYS. JUST WHEN HE GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE BECAUSE THEN HE BEGAN HAVING HIS WEIRD OCCULT ADVENTURES!

Archived