Home

Is there a way to set the camera origin to a Ghoul2 tag?

Scarlett

I've had an idea for a while, though i'm not sure how well it'll turn out. I'm starting to work on fixing up first person, because it's just horrible right now. Especially with the lightsaber. I want to make it so when we do flips, rolls, saber spin attacks, etc. the camera will turn with it. There's two ways i'm thinking this could be done:

(1) I could set the camera to turn, manually, for every bloody animation then still have to worry about the animation being interupted. If that happened then.. ugh, it'd just be a mess.

(2) I could set the camera location to a tag on the player model. Making it so, if the tag turns so will the camera. It's be all automatic, which would be the simple, easy way. But then, i kind of doubt that's possible...

...does anyone know if it is?

Amature that i am, the Ghoul2 stuff seems really complicated. Though i'm fairly persistant, i might figure it out within a month... but i just thought i'd ask to save some time.

Really? That's good to hear, i'll ask him about it... unless he happens to reply here first.

The downside to doing it like that though, is that if there's ever a glitch in the animation then it'd probably disorient the view too... i don't know though. Morrowind seemed to do it that way with the third person view, and that was a slight problem i found with that. The camera repositioned itself and jittered at times, depending on the animation or on the occasional glitch... i thought that was a bit annoying.

Archived