Home

Non humanoid animation

FoolsParadise

Ive been trawling the forums and reading up on the animation discussions, which are very interesting and informative.

Everything seems to assume you want to make a new humanoid animation for Kyle or whatever character you are thinking of.

But I am wondering about non humanoid. ie. a ship. A single "block" model with no pivot points. Sure, you could make it a func_plat and do it that way, but it'd be a pain and not look too professional as well imo.

So whats the story? Is there a way to animate a ship? Use the Ravens Claw as an example. Thats non humanoid. What if you wanted to animate that? Same problems I assume, but am wondering. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, only a single animation frame is supported when exporting to md3 format. I've been there. Will quadruple check though- thanks.

I'll check what CortoMaltes did. Thanks for the pointer.

There's a cutscene in SP that has that freight ship thingy flying into the landing dock of the Doomgiver, but thats so basic it looks just like a func_plat, or even func_door.

You should be able to animate though- md3's have an "autoanimate" tag in Radiant, which means that it'll play its animation key straight away.... and that information is stored in the md3 file..... so if you can export more than one frame....

Archived