Home

Indy's Age

Snoj

If Indy is about 15 or 16 in 1912, (as seen in the opening seen of the last crusade) wouldn't that make him about 50 years old in 1947? No wonder the control scheme is off some when you play the Infernal Machine. Lucas Arts in their true artistic element decided to simulate what it would be like to control a 50 year old Indy! How brilliant!

P.S. I actually love the game and am about to beat Marduke, but I'm a little pissed off about the fact that Lucas Arts listened to those A.S.P.C.A. yuppies. Not killing cheetahs and timber wolves, frankly, is a load of b.s. Here's the irony. You can kill komodo dragons...now that they're off the endangered species list. Damn yuppies.

They sure know how to ruin a game, I'll tell you that much.

If it's past July 1. He'd be 48 in 1947. And hey, at least you can kill the monkies and crabs. Just use the machete.

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited December 07, 1999).]

So what we're all saying is once a man hits his upper forties to early fifties, he can't do this stuff anymore because he's to old?

------------------

-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

Then what about actors like Sylvestor Stallone, or Arnold Schwarzenegger that are both well into their fifties, yet seem to maintain a very active life style?

------------------

-Damian

So I guess when your in your forties and fifties, your just going to sit around the house and wait to die because your to old to be active?

------------------

-Damian

Guest Timbaland

Hey it's interesting that you should talk about that. Cause that's one of the theme's of the New indy Movie,

How he deals with his aging.

But didn't Indy drink from the Holy Grail? I mean that ought to give him some "powers", or at least let him keep a few of his abilities (such as jumping as high and far as an Olympic athlete, which I believe Indy isn't). Anyway, if Indy can kill a "god" at 50, he can certainly jump over 20 to 30 foot gaps. Unless the god is a wuss...

• 2 weeks later...

In order to reap the benefits of the holy grail, one must drink regularly from it. The Knight guard was able to live 700 years because he stayed with the grail at all times and was able to drink from it every day. However, when his two brothers got bored after 150 years guarding the thing and left the tomb, they both died promptly. Indy and Henry Jones are far from Gods because they drank from it once.

anyhoo, back to the topic of old people...ever see one of them drive, or try to cross the street? whenver I am late for something it was because an old person took 4 1/2 hours to cross my lane of traffic and I was too nice to run him over.

Society teaches us to respect our elders for their wisdom and experience (which is often extremely jaded by senility). Why do we let them walk and drive places though...why do they need to be out of the house?

If anything has been tought to us living in this modern age we do, life doesn't end at fifty. There are people that are EXTREMLY active well into their "golden years". It's a matter of taking care of yourself. I don't see any reason why Harrison Ford can't play Indy again. Even though he's pushing sixty. What difference does it make. He's still a great actor. If he can't make a long jump, then Hollywood will simply use CGI to make it look like he did.

I don't think it would be right if Indy the charactor stayed forever youthfull like James Bond does. Indy has always been first and foremost, a human. Suffering all the same pains everybody else does. That's what makes him funny. (Remember in the the Lost Ark when Marion flipped the mirror around and bashed him in the chin? That was hilarious)

Anyway...who can jump 20 to 30 foot gaps? If he suddenly had super human abilities, then I think the movie would suck.

------------------

-Damian

I'm curious as to where you guys think that 50 is so old you can hardly walk. Can I point out that Sean Connery is nearing 80 and he's still making movie after movie that contains action and needs physical ability. Both Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford are able to do the same things they did 10 years ago.

Guest JR2000Z

Does it really matter?He got longer life from drinking out of the Grail?The Grailkeeper was 2,000 years old and he can swing a sword.(well,judt barely.)

------------------

Hey,I'm always right!

Sean Connery isn't even seventy yet. He's only twelve years older then Harrison Ford which made him playing Indy's father rather funny.

But never-the-less. At sixty he's still very active. I didn't understand either why it was said that at fifty, a man can't be doing the same things he use to do at 30.

------------------

-Damian

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited December 30, 1999).]

Archived