Home

Console command reference idea!

Vegar01

Is this a good idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Jes!
    • No!

I'v looked through these JO forums and found not quite few topics about console commands, what they do, how to use them and what they are. Even though there has been many good references and answers I still belive that there are many out there that really could use a properly made documentation page, where you can find all of the commands with an "official" explaination, and user comments.

If you don't understand what I really mean, look at the http://www.php.net/manual/en/ page, where all of the PHP-functions are listed and categorized, explained in a covering way, with plenty of user comments.

Look at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.explode.php for an example, everything you need to know about that function is to find there.

What's needed to make this is only someone with basic PHP (and maybe mySQL), with a wish to help us ignorante JO players, and a web server with a little free webspace.

The reason why I think that this is a good idea is that (as i mentioned above) a list of commands are not difficult to aquire, but to know how to use them (like what paraments, where to write in, sideeffects ect.) is not allways the eaziest thing to figure out.

Pleace don't spam this topis with unrelevant discussions.

Don't know if this idea qualifies as a Sticky, but I think that if it were a Sticky-thread, if would maybe get the attension that I feel it deserves. I would be very grateful if that could be possible.

Yes, I do mean not only a list of all the commands, which is easy to find, but a complete documentation of all of the commands.

Like:

<Categori>

<Commands name> [Which paraments to use]

<Where to type them in> (Like in a config-file or the console)

<What the command do>

<Example(s) of use>

<Screenshots/demo>

<User comments> (Like bug/fun things to do with them/more examples etc)

What I mean is an encyclopedia with ALL the information about ALL commands for Jedi Outcast.

shock ~ unnamed:

Thanks. But I still think that a even more complete reference could be made. And one more thing... Is there none commands that only excist in JO, and not in Quake? Or is all of the commands the same?

Isn't there anyone who would consider to participate in this "project"?

Archived