Home

Playability...

nova_wolf

...whilst I am aware that given a broadband connection and what ever software you need (X-Box or PC dependant), that the online stuff will rock!

For those of use less well endowed in net connection, is there ANY off-line game content to play through to give us a chance to level up whilst awaiting the funds to go online, or is it a dead set MMPORG only.....

A daft question I know, but I REALLY want to get it, but there is of course no pointin getting it if all its gonna do is collect dust!

SWG will be an online experience only, Im afraid. Without a connection to one of the game servers, you simply won't be able to play it. Don't depsair, however, becuase the developers have made it clear that people without broadband will be able to play SWG. I'm quite sure it will be a little slower, and you'll undoubtedly have to play at a reduced graphics level, but you should be able to play nonetheless!

JS

Well, your graphics should not be that affected by your connection (unless you have a 28.8, because...because... 28.8 is sooo 1985! :)) if they manage to create a decent netcode. After all, it's your processor and graphics card that handles the graphics, not your connection. Only if the netcode is really shoddy, or you visit a place with innumerable objects would your graphics be affected. Anyone who ever played Quake back in '96 should know that your ping affected your ability to not get pineapples shoved down your throat, while your ancient graphics card was what prevented you from playing with a resolution better than 600x480! :p

However, lag can be more of a problem with a modem. However, now and then, lag is as much a problem from the servers side, and then broadband freaks and modem thiefs are just as big losers.

As long as you have a flatline (which means you don't pay per minute online), modems and MMORPG's are not that big a problem. Until the humongeous, 45mb patch that puts jawa playing characters in the game arrives, that is! ;)

Archived