Home

How do I make new textures?

Jedi1234

Textures?

Piece of cake, I'll help you botch 'em up. ;)

Basically, any TGA or Jpeg image which dimension (ex. 200x200 or 340x240) is a power of 2 can be used as a custom texture in JO.

Create a new folder called "textures" in your gamedata/base directory...and another folder under that named whatever you want--your textures go in there.

Boot up GTK or...Sith forbid...JKRAD and load your custom texture set from the list. Apply them to the brushes you want and stare at your pretty textures.

As for the PK3...just use pakscape. Put a folders named: maps, textures, scripts, and music and place the appropriate files in the appropriate folders.

Zip them up AS A PK3!!!! NOT THE DEFAULT PAKimg!!

And bingo--your map is (hopefully) ready to be distributed.

If what I said makes absolutely no sense--use this tutorial:

http://planetquake.com/bubba/pk3.html

Bubba pwns j00!

kk, hope that helped.

(note, it just occured to me that it would have been much easier if I had just given you the darn link--havent been there in so long--forgot that it explained it so well.)

Bull Crap Leslie, you love it.

;)

But since you are SOOO smart, you could obviously tell that I was giving him examples of dimentions...not dimentions that are powers of two.

:D

But I *really* appreciate the fact that you care enough to correct my errors, it really helps to know a mapper like you is looking out for me.

(don't take any of this offensively man, just being sarcastic)

In the textures folder, put the folder which you made that contains your custom textures.

In the scripts folder, put your, well, script.

In MP, this is the thing which determines WHAT kind of map it is and WHERE it shows up in the map list.

The following is and example for an average MP script, replace everything in the quotations with the appropritate...um..stuff.

{

map "The exact map name goes here"

longname "what you want the map to show up as"

fraglimit "well duh"

type "examples: ffa, team_ffa, ctf, duel"

}

Copy and past that into notpad and then "save as..." a ".arena" file and place it into your "scripts" folder.

Leslie...I assume you don't want to end your streak...comment on some error I made please ; )

Archived