Home

Indy VS Lara

Guest HAVOC

Hey all I am coming back with a knew topic;Lara VS Indy who's going to win!

I vote for Indy cause the controls are like Lara but a lot better and the graphics are better. More action and adventure with Indy.

1 for Indy.

I actually say the exact opposite. I prefer the Tomb Raider controls over the Indy controls. She moved better, when she moved backwards she would do backwards leaps as oppose to the slow backwards walk Indy does. And what's with the automatic drop downs Indy does everytime you back him up the edge of something? That got real annoying. I haven't played TR4 yet so I can't compare the actual game play itself. I loved The Infernal Machine. Great graphics, great easter eggs and the Return To Peru level was what made the game well worth it.

------------------

-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

Hmmm. I would go for Indy, in that I found

this game much more clever and less tedious

over time. I do agree with the annoyance

factor (ie, the backup and the drop back

irritations) but there were many things I

found even more annoying with Lara. Plus

to my experience, there was a precision

factor with the Lara controls that made

her NOT do what she was supposed to during

certain jumps and catches. REALLY pissed

me off. Indy never pissed me off in that

way.

like 'em both, but strong Indy preference.

bon

I just got Tomb Raider 4 for Christmas and I must say the clipping problems are the WORST I've ever seen. I was in a room where there were two mummys coming after me. I stood behind a statue, with the mummies on the opposite side. They just walked right through the statue and attacked me. So far that game is really fun, but I hope they can do something about the problems. I must say at this point, I prefer the Indy game to Tomb Raider 4. SO FAR!

------------------

-Damian

Guest Shaggiana Joe

I played the TR4 European beta version a while ago, and frankly, I wish I hated Lara because TR4 killed the series. Better plot than the old TR games, BUT Indy's plot and everything about IM made it a far superior game, and Dr. Jones is a far superior character. I bet if Sophia had those DD cups that Lara has, IGN would've given the game at least an 8 instead of a 7.4, which, btw, beat TRLR's score of 7.0.

Is TR better than IJ? Over my dead body!

Guest ozzy1206

Both Lara and Indy have advantages and disadvantages.

What buggers me most about Lara is the fact that the story doesn't do and the puzzles are always the 'look for the key, move that block' type. Thus the game simply lacks the atmosphere Indy creates. In Indy, puzzles are very good and entertaining, the game gets me into the Indy-feeling at once.

Ok, Indys moves are much less fluent than Lara's. But hey, did Indy ever do a backward salto in the movies ? Wouldn't be credible, would it ?

So: Lara is ok, but I prefer Indy!

You right on that part Ozzy. Indy doing Lara Croft type moves wouldn't do his charactor justice. However, when he walks backwards, I swear you can hear the same beep...beep...beep you hear when a big truck is backing up. That made it real difficult to try to back away from the russians so you can change your weapon as they stand there and blast away at you. That was the most frustrating part of the game to me. (Well that and the constant auto-drop he did when you backed him up against an edge)

------------------

-Damian

Guest quakemarine

well i've played lots of tomb raider in my time but Indy would definately kick laras ass. i mean lara would pull out her duelies and miss indy by a mile. then indy would pull out his whip and whip her ass until she cries. then of course into the bad thing indy does in all his movies. he he he

Guest Agent3

Indy will always reign supreme, at least to me. I have the Lara games and I never really got into them as much as I did with the Infernal Machine. Indy engulfed me into the whole atmosphere and whenever I WASN'T playing, I would think about, or get the theme song stuck in my head. This drove me crazy because when I was away from my PC, I had this massive urge to play and to once again, enter Indiana Jones world. The Lara games never did that to me. These characteristics create and excellent game which captures your mind and drags you into the characters world. Personally, I believe that Lucas Arts did an excellent job of creating that type of an atmosphere in a game.

------------------

Agent3

[This message has been edited by Agent3 (edited January 01, 2000).]

Guest TekkaMaki

I'v played all TR games and never played Indy games (other than Last Crusade about 3 computers ago) I'm near the end of this one and am just getting used to Indy's semi-stilted movement but have enjoyed the puzzles and general aura of this game immensely.

TR vs. Indy?

I think it comes down to the fact that Lara's got SUPER-FLY moves and Indy don't. C'mon, "180 backflip off of ladder to ledge grab" or "sprinting forward roll under swinging buzz-saw" or the beautiful "swan dive off of high ledge into rippling pool of blue water far below"

Don't get me wrong, I really like Infernal Machine but Lara could handle this game no problem while Indy wouldn't make it through the training level of a TR game.

Guest Damian

I HATE TR4 right now. I was playing last night and at the end of a cutscene, the game dumped me back to my desktop. After several attempts at reconfiguring the video and audio settings, I opted to load the patch which of course, renders all your saved games useless. ISN'T THAT SPECIAL?!

INDY RULES!

------------------

-Damian

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited January 04, 2000).]

Guest abbyone

At this point with all the bugs in Indys corner I have to vote for Lara. She has better moves. If Indy had those kind of moves and the bugs out of the program Indy would kick a**! Glenn in Georgia

Guest Damian

TR4 has it's share of bugs. Horrible clipping problems and a dump to the desktop after cutscenes have plagued my game playing.

------------------

-Damian

Guest Shaggiana Joe

In the European version, I tried backing Lara up, and the upper part of her body turned all the way around while the bottom hovered in mid-air. The bug was fixed eventually, but then her head turned upside down. TRLR is the absolute piece of **** that nobody should buy.

• 3 weeks later...

I find the controls of TR much better.

The stupidest thing in IJ that Indy keeps running into walls.

And, I hate the stupid bug in IJ when you reload a savegame and are sticked to the ground...

But, I must say, TR4 is extremely easy, it took me 3 days to finish.

And there's something else that's funny in IJ.

In Babylon, when I wrote something on the wall, indy would go into swimming mode for a second, then return to normal walking mode...

TR4 has also a stupid ending (Lara gets locked in the temple of Horus), but I think it's a cliffhanger.

Please now don't think I'm against Indy, I think it's a great game!

Sincilery

Jantje

I'd have to gine Indy the nod on this one, but not by much of an edge. Perhaps it's because I'm rather tired of Laura and just needed a change of pace. Both are great fun to play and each has it's own unique features that are appealing....and some that make you want to trash them. Perhaps LA will take the best of the control issues for both products and make the next Indy as perfect as can be expected. Until then, I'm ready to follow Indy on another adventure. who knows, maybe the publishers will get together and develop an Indy/Laura combo....'bout time Indy had a little extra "adventure" in his life...:-)

I've been playing Tomb Raider 4 since Christmas. I haven't finished yet because I'm tired of back-tracking so much in that game. It's not as fun as the others. To repetitive. Indy is a much better game in comparison to Tomb Raider 4. The controls are better in the Tomb Raider games, but TR4 just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather either play Indy over again, or Tomb Raider III. I thought that was the best in the series.

------------------

-Damian

Guest Shaggiana Joe

You're still playing it with intentions of beating it?! I trashed mine 2 months ago!

------------------

Hey, it's my turn to pull off the mask, Scoob.

Archived