Home

Ability to use a single hand

HaruGlory89

Originally posted by HertogJan

:(:o Oops, kinda got a bit too carried away there, but it IS my opinion; martial arts would ruin the game!! If you want kung fu, play enter the matrix ;)

Why? Because punches and kicks aren't a part of Star Wars movies? Oh whoops, they are :)

Hand to hand fighting would be good for a SW game. Not just the jedi, either. If for some reason you get captured or something, you should be able to fight without weapons. I remember playing this SP map where you break out of prison and thinking "Why don't I just kick some asses?" JO was good in that you could force push bowcaster bolts and such, but you should really have some way of killing (or otherwise incapacitating) bad guys, like in the movies and books.

Still, I didn't like the kicking implementation in MP. It did too much damage and was just poor. Instead of stunning the guy and lowering his defences for that critical second, it jut knocked him back and did 20 damage. Most of the time, he would already be coming back toward you, swinging like a madman, before he even hit the ground. Secondary fire for the saber (or at least the staff) should be Maul-type kicks that break through defenses momentarily, but don't do real damage.

Archived