Home

look of monkey 5

thripweed

how should monkey 5 look and play  

95 members have voted

1. 1. how should monkey 5 look and play

• monkey 1 + 2, action buttons, eg, pick up.
    • monkey 3, cartoony feel
    • monkey 4, need I say more
    • simon the sorcerer 3D, 3D environments
    • broken sword, guybrush can die

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look. LEC is a company. They Are not going to release a 320x240 8bit game. To be honest i think they should copy BS3 style, a full 3d world, not pre rendered scenes, fully interactive, no "i ant push this" or "i cant pickup that" messages. Unfortunatly, i LOVE point and click games, but im going to have to agree with what the Rebellion guy said, "Point and click is dead". Theres no way the mass public would buy the game.

"its grafix is rubbish init" they would never recoup the costs and as shuch woulder never fund it in the first place. LEC didn't get into its position by being stupid

All the people who said that the graphics of the origional games were crap, I'm guessing you didnt play them when they were actually 'origional' (or rather new, but it makes me feel better to say it the other way OK). The people who played them when they first came out, will think that the graphics are the best, but if you were brought up with 3D and stuff like that are gonna say that they were crap fact of life (it aint really but, it sounds right so we'll stick with it).

I aint gonna turn it into another one of those, new fan old fan posts, so.......

We aint gonna get any more old school graphic games, well, not commercially any (I aint hinting at anything there incase your wondering), it just wouldn't bring in the money that these companies are wanting. I mean, look at it, how much has Lucas Arts milked the star wars franchise, theres a load of films, theres about ninety games, the books (dont think they wrote them but what the hell), they've even got a huge range of clothes for gods sake.

They dont really give a t**s about customer satisfaction, well not to the lengths that they are gonna revert to old school graphics, there just isnt the market any more. We'd all buy them, but look at the size of this place, yeh, its big for a games site, but still, Lucas is looking for a good few million offa their games.

So I dont know much about commercial game companies, I just buy the games, play the games, take em back to the shop, but I do know, that no-one except hardcore fans like us are gonna buy a game like that.

I think that Monkey Island 5, should be something completely different. they should try something really fancy and advanced. then we can judge and compare it to the others, unless monkey island 5 is going to be the last one (is it?) then I think I they would be better going back to something like CMI, to please what seems to be the majority of fans. One thing I'd really like to see is all the old characters comeback, if MI5 it is the last one.

Archived