Home

Spoilers

Dagobahn Eagle

Have anyone else been browsing sites with customer reviews, like Amazon.com, and had spoilers thrown in your face in every single review on the site? About every movie at Amazon.com has a review that contains a big spoiler, for crying out loud!

So to everyone out there who considers writing reviews: PLEASE do not include spoilers, unless they happen early (as in the first 10-15 minutes) in the movie and are thus 'necessary' to introduce the viewer to the film. No matter how cool you think a scene is, don't write about it if it spoils the experience of watching the movie or reading the book.

I don't know if this is a futile attempt, but I hope to get trough to a few people out there: It's infinetely frustrating to read a review list expecting to find a review and instead finding a summary. When "proffesionals" do this (such as putting a "summary" on the back cover of a book and making me read it by disguising it as a review), it's even more annoying. The reason why you read the back cover of the book is not that have read the book and wants someone to discuss it with. It is that you haven't read the book and wants to know if it's good, and what it's basically about.

Sincerely, D. Eagle.

I actually dont read reviews for anything but CD's....i read game reviews from my gaming magazine, and get everything i want to know about movies off of the trailers that I watch......and I buy books based on the authors or what other people tell me about them.......

i honestly don't go by reviews for anything. i use reviews when i buy games to get an insight on the gameplay but that's about it. but other than that i go on instinct alone. i thought house of 1000 corpses was gonna be stupid but yet i watched it with it's B-rated filmography style. but yet once it's done you feel glad that you watched it and it grows on you.

I don't read reviews for movies. I could care less what some guy thinks about the movie, considering I don't even know this guy at all.

I do read reviews on video games, mostly from gamespot. I do it when I'm bored, and 'cause I really like video games and find the information fascinating. But, I don't read reviews of games I plan on buying or renting before I play, only after. I find that they bias my view of the game, especially those fruits at gamespot. Like I would have ever noticed that the game had an issue with camera angles when you wedge yourself into an inaccessible area, or that the framerate bogs down maybe twice the entire time you play. Most reviews are too critical, and critical about things that I don't really care about. I watch a movie for fun, or play a game for fun, I don't care much for the technical imperfections, or even notice them.

Archived