Home

Items about Modding the game

Bob Gnarly

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys. I would like to join.

I don't know didly about editing except what I learned from writing .html files, but anything I can do is what I will help with.

I've played with this for a while, heres what I found out.

(I only have the demo, but will get the real game soon, I hope)

You can overwrite .boneanimation files easily, but I have not found out how to write my own. So, for instance, when the Feng Twins are walking sexily toward you, and your mom gets all huffy, you can replace "Walksexy.boneanimation" in the source files with "walkf.boneanimation" and they will walk normally like everybody else. Of course, you can do the opposite, but that just doesn't look right... although it is the funniest thing I have ever seen! :D

I don't know whether we will be able to crack the files and make our own levels. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to stay in reality here. But there is one thing I think we can do, and I think that the Indy Community (Most of it) would thank us for: Try to replace the Evil Spirit character files with a normal ninja or the like. Same with terracota warriors, ect. I think that is the most complained about part of the game, wouldn't you agree?

And before you guys keep yelling at Lucasarts: Were lucky we have this much lenience about editing. Some of my older games are all packed into 2 seperate files that my computer can't open! :D I couldn't even steal the sounds from it! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think the most likely thing we can do with the files is try to rename the ninja files from hong kong to the spirit files from the netherworld and the emperors tomb, (I've read the walkthrough) and get rid of the supernatural junk! :D

Yolegoman

Archived