Home

An idea to revive SWGB

Darth Windu

As a Star Trek fan, i like to get all of the games that are released, but often dont have the money. One of these games was 'Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force' which was released a few years ago for about $100 ($60USD).

However a few days ago, flipping through a catalogue, i found the same game, in the DVD-box for only $9.95!!! (about $6USD) and instantly went to the store and bought it.

I have done the same thing with the original Age of Empires game and Rise of Rome, although these games were only a mild interest to me, but due to their price i figured it was worth it to take a look.

Therefore, the best way to revive SWGB, and these forums, is to release SWGB and Clone Campaigns as seperate releases, each in the DVD box for the same price, about $9.95 ($6USD).

What does everyone else think?

Luke - all im saying is that, in my experience, selling these games in the DVD box for about 10% of what they were originally sold for makes it a whole lot more attractive to people who otherwise wouldn't have bought the game, for whatever reason.

What this idea would mean is that a lot more people would be inclined to purchase the game, and hence the online community, including this forum, would grow as a result.

Anyone in marketing would tell you that it is WAY to soon. Maybe lower it to $10-15, but not straight to $6. You get the people to buy it at $15, then lower to $10 and get more people to buy it, then you go lower. However, very few games even make it below the $10 mark. Then tend to disapear from retail shelves before they go below $10.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Both the original game and the expansion pack are on sale together at a new low price point. In the UK, they sell for around £20. ($35)

If people need to get their hands on either version, check out http://www.ebay.co.uk and bid for a copy

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...

True, I'm in the UK and just got SWGB and CC together for £13 on ebay a few weeks ago. So the game isn't completely dying. Even though a lot of people seem to be selling it, people like me are buying it and getting into it (or am I alone?). This is the first PC game that has ever managed to lure me away from my C64 emulator, so it must be good! Not much beats Paradroid imo, but this is an excellent combination of strategy, star wars and megolamania...

Anyway, I'm still learning SWGB against the PC on moderate and it can still beat me sometimes, but once I get better I want to start playing real people online. Then they will all see my power...

SWGB, what's that? (j/k)

Jeez, I haven't played that game since November 2 (when I got AoM). Almost 9 months now. Oh, well. I've begun to get nostalegic and may start up GB again, since the game is comparable gameplay-wise (somewhat) and balance-wise (post 1.06 AoM) to AoM.

Archived