Home

model skins etc. ; plz help me

lovelamers

hi, im a newb so i have some silly questions.

whats the difference between models and skins?

has jk2 no map folder? i cant find one.

where shall i give the downloaded maps,skinns,models etc. ?

hope you can help me

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ok...

Well, a model is the actual physical character. Like a dinasour, or a male or female. The skin is an image that gets layed over that structure to show appearance features like colors, shadows, highlights, textures...

here's a better analogy: Think of a video game model as a soda(pop) bottle. It has 2 parts, the plastic bottle is just the shape of the container (model). Then there's the label (skin) that wraps around the bottle to give it more detailed information like what company makes it. The label(skin) has the comapny logo on it with some fancy letters and some background color to set it all off. The plastic bottle (model) is the object that has a certain shape that you can identify as being something; meaning, if you take the label off, you know it's a soda bottle because of it's shape. Make more sense now?

JK2 has many folders, but they're all packed into one file. The file is assets0.pk3. The pk3 is just a fancy extension for a .zip file. If you rename the assets file to assets0.zip, you can unzip the entire folder structure. Now, this isn't advisable because it leaves everything wide open and any changes you make would be permanent. Look for a PAK Explorer program. That will allow you to browse that file without having to unzip it. It will also allow you to extract just the files you want to change/work with.

To upload things you've made send them to the files section of jediknightii.net or jk2files.com.

Archived