Home

aimbots

JRG_InFeRnO

Ok guys one for you all,this is starting to piss me off

how the hell do these guys get aimbots?

everytime i go to a instab server i get wiped again and again

i am a good player at this and it is obvious that a aimbot is being used

who makes aimbots and where do peeps find them and how do stop people using them????

This game has no aimbots, you are simply not as good as you think, and, the players you are playing against are extremely good.

I've actually seen you on some instagib servers, including today actually, and you certainly didn't appear to be "a good player at this", not even close I'm afraid.

Anyway, I guess you're lucky that you won't run across many good jk2 instagib players, because there simply aren't many, especially in Europe where you were playing.

Basically, don't get annoyed at people who are simply good at a game, I mean, I'd dread to think of the comments you'd come up with if you went and played on a good quake3 instagib server, where the standard ability level would be much, much higher.

LOL,well i guess i am not as good as i thought i was and yes i do enjoy playing the game.You are probably right,guess it is just a matter of practice and lots of it.Thanks for the help by the way and yes i was slightly pissed but i try and not lose my temper after all it is just a game

Nice to know you listen to me, most people who accuse others of using an aimbot just aren't willing to listen to reason at all, they need to take a page from your book and realise that it is just a game, enjoy it or leave basically. Everyday I get people who say I cheat, some actually go as far to accuse me of scripting my aim, I mean that has to be the most retarded thing ever, how in the hell could aim ever be scripted hehe.

Makes the game fun to play though having to fend off all sorts of clueless accusations, can get frustrating though. :(

People move fast by 'strafe-jumping' and 'circle-strafe-jumping', those who have mastered both of those can move at high speeds on all the maps. It's not hard to learn, but it's hard'ish to get good at, best way to learn would be to spec someone and take note of their mouse movements, then you need to learn when to press the strafe keys. You can run a search on google for strafe jumping, and you'll most likely find a decent guide. Strafe-jumping is important, but it's not the be all and end all, plus, some players strafe-jump at inappropriate times, a strafe jumping player is an easy target as it's easy to predict where each jump will land.

As for aiming, not really something that you can learn in my opinion, you either have the ability to quickly snap to targets, or you don't. But, you can optimise your mouse settings so that you are totally comfortable with them, this should definately improve your aim. Also, if you find that you can't accurately snap to targets, just hold the crosshair over where you expect the opponent to go, and fire at the appropriate time. If you want, spec me sometime, or someone else playing well on the jolt server. If you were to watch how I aim, you'd see I use a mixture of snap and flick shots, and shots where I predict the movements of the opponent and leave the crosshair where I think they'll go.

Also, if you have quake3, download some demos of people like ZeRo4, Daler, cha0ticz, uNkind etc. Watching these players play will show you some of the best fps aiming ability in the world, and you should be able to learn how to strafe jump by watching them too.

jolt.co.uk - (10) JK2 CTF (Instagib/Low Force)|15ms|195.149.21.56:28072 **European**

bygames.com Jedi Knight II #03 [instagib CTF] |24ms|194.117.138.253:28072 **European**

Wireplay.co.uk [wp6][instagib CTF][base Maps][Low Force]|22ms|62.105.80.7:27060 **European**

BF^1Carnage.com ^3InstaGib-Disruption|125ms|66.230.219.2:28070

**North American**

Chop Shop ^1DISRUPTION!|127ms|64.246.58.192:28070 **North American**

"I dominate in all forms of jk2 guns." -DSbr-Narbes

Yes there is an aimbot made by n7. But from what i hear, it doesn't work and its not widely available to public. Clan BF doesn't even go to their instagib server. jk2 instagib waste of time compared to UT instagib since like about only 10 players have decent accuracy. I dislike q3 instagib too because rusted dislikes it j/k i hate rusted. BUt still I prefer rockets like RA3 in q3. Yet however your not doing a true strafe jump unless you strafe jump ctf_bespin's bridge in 3 or 4 jumps.

JK2 instagib isn't a waste of time if you enjoy it, a lot of people find it fun, I'm sure they don't consider themselves to be wasting their time if it entertains them.

I don't see instagib as being anything other than a mess about and a bit of fun. Also there are plenty more than 10 players that have decent accuracy, if you take decent as anything over 40% (thats a rough estimate seeing as jk2 has no mod that records accuracy) hit accuracy (which is decent even though it doesn't sound like much) then I've met at least 20+ players with decent aim in the 4-5 weeks I've tried jk2 instagib, and I only play on European servers, as I'm from England.

Good point about the bridge on ctf_bespin though, thats usually a good guide as to how well you strafe jump, but, who the hell does it in 3? With force_speed it's easily done in 2, but without force... I'm pretty sure it can't be done in 3. Anyone can do it in 4, it's not like strafe jumping is hard anyway, it quickly becomes a natural move that you do without thinking, especially if you've come from q2 or 3, Elite Force etc. Saying that, a lot of the jk2 community are inexperienced fps players who are playing jk2 as one of their first games.

Are you saying three jumps, including the jump from stationary? Or 3 jumps NOT including the one from stationary?

If you say you can do it in three jumps from a standstill, as in, you standstill then jump another jump one more jump and you're on the other side, then show me a demo because I'd of considered that impossible.

I mean hell I thought a stationary circle-jump from bridge to rail on q3dm6 with cpma was hard, but 3 jumps on Bespin bridge is harder than that. Demo please. :D

lol DeSnipa, it's almost embarassing reading the stuff that he posts, for example, how sad is it to pretend that you know fatal1ty, and think that people would actually care even if you did know him.

He needs to apply razor blades to his wrists and sever his connection to life. :(

desnipa is most famous. He does know fatal1ty. except that fatal1ty hates him. I would say ut2k3 failed to bring my interest back like the original UT did so I wouldn't go around playing it. Desnipa claims to be radiation, a famed UT2k3 player. Everytime we goto ut2k3 irc channels, they are always making fun of desnipa. I doubt he really is a pro gamer considering he told me personally "i don't like splash damage. jk2 needs to be like q3, no splash damage [lol rocket and bfg]. That way you show true skill". Furthermore, he thought that EAX sound was a wall hack. And that strafe jumping was cheating. Desnipa walks around with a blaster and 100/25 trying to take on buffeh. of course negged 45 to -3.

btw, vertigo, did you play on twl back in the day?

Man that demo got boring in like the first 5 minutes.

For those that didn't see it:FFA_Bespin

DeSnipa goes to pad

Buffeh blows him up

DeSnipa goes to pad

Buffeh blows him up

DeSnipa goes to pad

Buffeh blows him up

DeSnipa goes to pad

Buffeh blows him up

DeSnipa goes to pad

Buffeh blows him up

You get the idea.

Nah Kynes I didn't play on TWL ever, I was going to when the game was about a month old, but the ping difference from me to America is a bit much for any competition really and put me off. That combined with the fact that I hated jk2 after a month of play, disappointed by how much of a let down it was after jk1, I stopped regularly playing jk2 after two months. However I used to read the TWL board though, used to be pretty funny when DSbr were actively playing on it, it's amusing how mentally warped the TWL jk2 section became after DSbr's influence lol.

Only competitive jk2 matches I have played are ESL-europe FF/All Weapons games, which have never been 'competitive' hehe, although some players are not bad. But considering I can easily hang with europes 'best', and I only play jk2 casually without trying to get great at it, that doesn't say much about the quality of euro jk2. Plus the fact that 75% of Europe jk2 is Sabers with No Force except Jump lol. However there are tons of Euro Guns players, alot of whom play and come from other games like q3, ut2k3 and cs, so you occasionally find some really decent matches.

All jk2 is to me now is a game to wind up honor-obsessed Saberists with Guns and or Saber/Force-combo's, as I wait for jk3 and hope that it can provide a true sequel to jk1, doubtful though, which means I'll just wind more Saberists up in jk3 hehe.

aimbots, though a cheat, are relatively easy to spot for a trained eye (though as pointed out, many would rather accuse others of cheating when in fact it was simply a matter of lag or skill), and will never be a substitute for real skill with aiming.

'Nuff said.

For better or for worse, accusations of cheating are far FAR more common than actual cheating in JK2...

Archived