Home

need some help LW7.5

buush

I have lightwave 7.5 and have built a character to use in JO. I just need some help getting it out of lightwave and turning it into a glm. I know that there is not great deal of support for LW. but milkshape seems to help as I can convert models from there into LW format and I think I have some plugins to export LW stuff into 3ds format. It's just knowing what to do after that. If I were to export a model from milkshape first would I still need to weight the model to bones, or am I going to have to use gmax or something to weight my model after I have built it? Does anybody know of any plugins that could help me or got any useful tips?

As far as I know you need 3DS Max 4.0 for the weighting etc as Raven released within their editing tools an XSI exporter plugin which is for Max.

With regards to plugins and converting files use google to search for what you need to know... alternatively you could try getting in contact with Leigh van der Byl she is excellent with LW and seems to know it inside out... Again bung her name in google visit her sight and email her form there. She is very quick when repling too.

Hope thats of some help

Cheers for that, went and checked her stuff out she's pretty amazing, I'll see if she's got any advice. Think there could be some useful stuff from the links on her page if look hard enough. It's a shame there's not a great deal of game support for LW as I really prefer it's setup for working with, and I've been using it exstensively for the last year so I'm pretty comfortable with it now. Cheers anyway.

Archived