Home

Take 4 Admin to relieve symptoms.

Padawadawan

:deathstar Wow, it was great - right after making this post I went to a server where I got mass-kicked along with about 6 other people because an admin was having a 'bad day' *sniff*. Then I went somewhere where there was a kicking battle on the Bespin roof. An admin stood right in the middle of it, not doing anything, and had +5 ppl all around him kicking each other. Anyone that accidentally kicked him got booted. Admins are so awesome.

But still, 4/5 times I go on, there's some drama with an abusive admin. I really don't know what the solution is. The voting option works really well unless people constantly spam and try to kick out someone. This never fails to get everyone ticked off, especially at the one voting. As far as I'm concerned, skill should dominate. And if you're abusing someone, the admins should have a reliable way to investigate. It seems their method these days is just having someone come to them and cry "LAmeR!". Zappa_0 - I totally hear you, I've gotten framed by lamers so many times. If I had a nickel for every time a lamer told the admin I was a bad boy (and not!), I'd buy everyone fur coats. But still, admins should be able to switch to the suspect's POV (like in Duel mode) and watch them for a minute to see if they are in fact, laming!

Hopefully there will be something in Jedi Academy that deters admins from feeling that they need a ridiculous amount of control over everyone. Possibly a more user friendly (not spam-friendly) voting system right off the bat ... maybe?

Either way I still manage to have a good time every now and again. One of my last duels was the funniest fight I've been in. Some guy was down to about 10hp and hadn't got a hit on me yet; He tried to kick me down and made a break for it. I chased him from Bespin's street all the way around to the upper walk on the Pad side. I managed to land in front of him, kick him down, and stab him on the ground. I don't condone kicking in duels, but he started it - and he ran. I usually throw etiquette out the window when someone tries to run out of a duel.

I know JK3 is on the horizon, but they should still have another patch thread that looks for possible additions/fixes for JA or JK2 in the future. 1.04 came out last year in August, which is kind of a long time to go without an update. I started making my own list of things that are still bugging me, one of which is the push/pull in a duel saberlock (when forces are disabled).

:deathii:

lol, if anyone gets bored - here's a Jedi name generator I found. swname Ummm this post was supposed to go along with "Admins are ruining this game 4 me", but it says it got moved. I'm confused.

:bounfire2

Record your Demos and post them up here as we all love to see lamer admins.

Shock dos the best ~Demos as he gos out to push there buttons. as i think he see it as he going to get kicked if he follows the rules, so why not have a little fun first :p

Archived