Home

Level 15 - Camera Angle Locked & Can't Proceed

Guest Wavy Davy

Guest Wavy Davy

At the very start of Level 15, after the animation when control is given back to the player, the camera angle locks looking back roughly to where Indy came in the room. I can move him around, but he'll just walk out of view & the camera doesn't follow.

I saw the post & replies by 'Parliament' with the same problem - suggesting going back & forth to the options/inventory menu a few times, but that doesn't work in my case. I've reinstalled the game both with & without the patch, all my drivers & DirectX are up to date, tried multiple resolution & colors settings, but still get the same result & can't proceed in the level. After investing more than 50 hrs in the game up til now, that's a real bummer!

So could someone PLEASE do me a big favor - start Level 15 & just walk down the hall a few steps, save the game & send it to me? I'd love to keep playing this weekend, if possible, and can't call support until Monday. My email is djoslin@snet.net - thanks so much!

Incidentally, I never had a Voodoo video card in my system, so that discounts the idea it's from the Voodoo drivers as tech support is suggesting. I'm using a Diamond Viper V550 video card (RivaTNT chip and on their list of approved h/w)& Diamond Monster 300MX sound card, both of which worked fine through 14 levels so far, so I firmly believe it's a game problem of some kind, which apparently doesn't affect everyone. I'll post any follow-up solution from Lucas, if & when I get one.

Please, some nice person.. send me the savegame!!!

Thanks again,

Dave

Guest Wavy Davy

I tried the F10/FIXME thing as one of my first thoughts & it made no difference. I'm downloading DirectX 7.0 currently to see if that helps.

Sure would appreciate a Savegame just a few steps into Level 15. I'm anxious to see if I still get the problem even with that. My email is:

djoslin@snet.net

Guest Wavy Davy

Thanks for the prompt replies Jake. I don't think it's the DirectX either, but is there a reason I shouldn't upgrade anyway?

And yes, I've reloaded the level numerous times. After the first time, Indy disappears in subsequent tries - I can just see a little mark on the floor where he is, but not him. Can still move around, etc.

So I've blown away my Start_15_MACHINE.nds file, played the very end of Level 14 again, go through the transition to Level 15 and it happens all over again. I tried that also several times. The first time he's visible then after that he's not, until I start again with a fresh level file.

Truly weird, but consistent...

Sometimes games can't handle the updated drivers. I'm not sure if this is true for Indy3d but I doubt it would help anything. Now. Lemme see if I get this right.. The camera angle locks in place and it's like you're looking through a stand-alone camera.. You can move him back and forth but the camera doesnt follow? Is the screen okay looking? The graphics that is.

Guest Wavy Davy

You've got it essentially right - the animation runs & Indy's facing down the hall where you'd want to go next. When the animation ends & control comes back to the player, the camera shifts to the side looking slightly back behind where Indy's standing. You can still see him facing the right direction, but if you move him out of that view the camera won't follow.

If you try use the 'Look' keys, where you normally can see from Indy's vantage point & scan up/down/sideways, they don't function at all.

Otherwise the picture on screen is perfect, I can go in & out of Options, select inventory items, use the guns & whip etc. It just won't let you go anywhere out of that one view & shift to the new scene.. you just stay put & that's it!

There's a post by 'Parliament' from a few days ago (on PG. 6 currently) titled "Level 15 glitch w/Voodoo card" where he & others had the same problem. Lucas told him it may be the Voodoo drivers, but my card is a RivaTNT so that blows that idea.

Guest Wavy Davy

Your advice to do a refresh while in the game WORKED! Then I saved, exited, & the savegame came up looking fine.

Hadn't tried the refresh while actually in the game, though I had set different display settings from the initial menu before the game goes graphical & that didn't work. So that did the trick & I'm off again to save the world!

This forum is great - there have been numerous hints that have gotten me through the game thus far where otherwise I would've been up the creek. And now this playability issue which you helped resolve. Thanks very much & keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Dave

Archived