Home

I Need to know to Buy..

Blademun

Forgive me coming on here and posting outright. I know if I Devoted an hour or two at it I might dredge up the info I'm looking for...( ;P )

My questions, no, really concerns about this game are very important to me. Afterall, this is a very expensive investment..50$ upfornt + monthly costs. So before I can buy this game I gotta be absolutely sure on a few things.

I'm a UO player. I HATE turnbased combat. I heard this game will use turn based combat. Dear god tell me its not so. I would have to go and shoot myself in the head if the most perfect game in the world for me otherwise makes itself a complete failure at this Key point.

Secondly. I read that you CAN'T attack people unless they give you permission??? I'm sorry..I hope I'm misunderstanding this..are you saying that, in order to mug someone for their cash, I'd have to politely negotiate with them to let me kill them????

Now, I'm typically not a big PKer. In UO killing Orc Brutes is alot..safer. However, If I wanted to be a mounted Warrior, like a mongol Khan, and go raiding all those on the plains of naboo, I can do that yes?

Finnaly, from what I'v read this game seems to be too heavily catering to Newbs. I think people who put the time and effort into something Should be rewarded for their efforts. Eles we might as well rename this game-

Star Wars: The Communist Manifesto.

The game is NOT turn based per-say. It is real time combat, but you use a queue line for actions to reduce lag deaths.

And no, you cannot mug people for cash. You cannot steal, or loot corpses to my knowledge. You ask permission to attack someone, unless they are overt Rebel or Imperial. Then it is anyones game who is also overt and on the opposing Faction; no permission required. Or if there is a bounty on you, the bounty hunter can attack at any time. And if someone proves themselves to be Jedi, then any witnesses have free reign to attack the Jedi on sight. After you ask permission to fight another player, they have the first move to initiate combat.

Archived