Home

Yes.....jedi's with lightsabers are nice..but.

Popeye

What if you wanted to try a different approach? There are tons of weapons and armor in the game besides the typical lightsaber and its other counter parts. Imagine a jedi who uses rifles and guns as his/her primary weapons instead of a saber.....Im extremely happy that this game allows you to do somthing like that. Because personally Im planning not to use any light sabers of any sort.......yes I will be a jedi but a jedi who focuses on ranged combat, with an array of terrible force powers to use at my command..kind of like a soilder who keeps his military discipline and takes the advantage of his born talets, the force......*cracks knuckles* oh yes..........anyone feel the same?

I love sabers. :dev11:

I will probabaly try the non-saber approach sometime, but the devs said it would be extremely, extremely hard. If not impossible.

Taking on Malak or Bandon with a blaster.... :disaprove

Maybe if you can get your force skills up high enough then it would be possible to the do the whole game that way, but I think that would be the only way. :)

fighting Malak with a blaster rifle shouldn't be that bad.....if you have other party members with you...i'd send in balista or Joe to keep him busy while I let a rip...If my p.c. is fighting Malak one on one however....thats a different story..I hope it doesnt come to that.

For dramatic reasons, I think you will fight Malak one-on-one sometime in the game. It just would'nt be right going one on three. The game has to have one-on-one duels throughout it. In my mind, at least, thus making using a blaster against him incredibly hard, if not impossible like I already stated. :)

Joe?

I didn't know we could have a redneck in our party. :p

Note: Sorry to anyone that is named Joe. Compared to SW names, Joe sounds hick-ish. :D

Hey popeye, I think that this developer post from the official forums might ease your mind :)

Infact, IMO, one of the most powerful types of Jedis in KotOR is a Jedi Consular who concentrates his skills on ranged weapons and his powers on non-armor restrictive Force powers. Then you get lots of cool Force powers but you still get to wear heavy protective armor and do massive ranged weapon damage.

Note: Sorry to anyone that is named Joe. Compared to SW names, Joe sounds hick-ish.

Well, you gotta admit with what he says, next to names like Jolee, Canderous, Carth, Bastilla, Luke, Han, Leia, Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Palpatine and the like, Joe DOES kinda stand out.

Popeye and Burrie: before I read Burrie's developer quotes I would have said that a melee combat Jedi like in all the movies was the way to go. But the Consular really sounds my style of play. That will probably be the second type that I play, after a Jedi that can just smash through everything in his path -- and more to the point, is definitely tough enough to survive my ignorance of the game.

I hadn't thought about going through it with ranged weapons. I ws just kind of planning to do some Windu-style saber butt whipping.

Have you noticed? They've got nearly every minority in this game except for rednecks. They'd better put 'Joe' in as a PC. (Weapon: Shotgun. Vehicle: jacked-up pickup truck. With a confederate flag in the window.)

I like that idea of three-on-one for Malak.

"Yeah, we took him on single-handed. That's right, just the three of us. We weren't too sure of winning, either."

Archived