Home

NPC Jedi Help

jeedai

Theoretically, all you need to do is to set the intended opponent (the other jedi) by scripting.

Set_enemytarget("NPC_targetname")

(or something like that, it has been a while). However, it won't be necessarily easy. Bell could tell you it in detail, as I haven't actually done it, I just made numerous trial maps with it (which worked more or less), but I didn't do it for my own needs.

If Bell is not hanging around, you can study the Yavin_temple scripts to make your own conclusions.

Are you all insane?

Why do you need to bring scripting into this?

Just build your SP map.

Pick the spot that you wish to enter your jedi's and add an NPC Reborn and an NPC Jedi right next to each other.

Run the map and voila! To fighting Jedi.

I warn you though the fight won't last long. The goodies seem to do very well.

Oh unless you meant JEDI. As in 2 good lightsaber dude's bashing the crap out of each other.

Just search for the posts on how to create custom NPC's.

Learn how to do this then you can start messin with the properties of the NPC's and changing how they behave.

You can change the team that an NPC side's with in the NPCs.cfg file.

Or go learn about scripting.

I would look at the yavin_temple file but how do I convert it into a .map file?

That was vertainly an obstacle, when I was studying this same issue. You cannot convert it. Your only option is to study the scripts. However, this might not be a very easy issue to solve, as you must consider the relation/differences between affecting the NPCs or assigning them a spawnscript.

If you are well acquainted with scripting, you can solve this issue, as Bell did (and I did for a certain sometimes work, sometimes not degree). However, if you are not so comfortable with scripting, your best option is to start practicing hard.

Oh, you might want to start practicing by getting two boxer grans fight each other. It's very easy and might give you some insight into the problem.

It's included in the Editing tools package. I guess you can get it from many places, but http://www.jediknightii.net might be one place. Go to the download section and tools. Then choose version 2.0, not the older version 1.0.

After installing the tools be sure to set the paths to a correct directory in BehaEd. After installing they are wrong and using the software can be quite problematic, if they are not corrected.

Archived