Home

1st person POV

HolyJaw

Hi, I read on the main http://www.jediknightii.net page that there was a way to switch to first person POV using sabers without MOD's or cheats. But since the site that this nifty "cheat" was written on is down, I searched the forums. Unfortunately, I could not find it anywhere. Could someone tell me how to do this? The main page also states something about being able to change the amount of time that chat is displayed on the screen, but that also was placed on one of the down sites.

- Did you ever want to know how to use the Lightsaber in 1st Person POV in Jedi Outcast multiplayer? Well you can, without mods and without cheating! This was posted by some forum regulars, so check out the Lightsaber page for the details!

- Another useful console command to change the amount of time chat text displays on the screen was posted in the Setup/Basic section

So could anyone tell me how to do these nifty things seeing as how it's unknown when the down sites will be back up?

Thanks for the help,

HolyJaw

But it said you didn't have to use "Mods or cheats"

- Did you ever want to know how to use the Lightsaber in 1st Person POV in Jedi Outcast multiplayer? Well you can, without mods and without cheating! This was posted by some forum regulars, so check out the Lightsaber page for the details!

It's really saddening to see that since my page has been down, all these people keep asking these questions that are answered on Outcast Strategy.

On the other hand, it warms my heart to see that my site does INDEED serve a purpose, by answering these common questions.

Too bad it's down right now. ; p

Anyway, yes, cg_fpls 1 works without cheats, and you can bind it to a key in your config file for convenience (and another key to turn it off with the 0 instead of the 1).

To change the chat text, modify this line (or add it, if it's not there) in your autoexec.cfg file (create an autoexec.cfg file if it doesn't already exist, place it in your /base folder):

seta con_notifytime "6"

To find your base folder, simply do a search for "assets1.pk3" or "assets0.pk3" (without quotes). The file will be in your /base folder.

Archived