Home

about the future....

demind

So, first of all i would like to say that i am not a star wars fan (pls don't flame me to death) but when i found out about the MMORPG it sounded awsome! i suddenly have the urge to rent the movies and find out more about the planets, species, etc (k'mon guys tell me it's worth it!! i need to be motivated).

I am not planning to buy the game in the near future first of all because i think you guys are paying to be in a beta. i know that there were no flawless MMORPGs at first but i wanna see it develop, aquire a certain economic stability (the economy sucks at this point i hear), and fix a couple of thousand bugs. Another reason why i'm not paying for it right now is that i'm living in Europe (romania) and as there is no support for europe , i'm not risking having 10min lag or whatever.

My main fear concerning the future of this game is that of being disadvantaged if you start 5-6 months after the release. First of all it would be useless at that point to pick a profession like an architect as most of the players already have houses. Or if you pick to be a crafter you will have a tough time advanceing as nobody would buy from a newbie crafter.

In a nutshell i love this game, i wanna play it but if i miss the start would i be severely disadvantaged?

Let me tell you, you're so like me. :) I'm not a starwars fan at all, I only saw Episode 1 and it was okay. I'm interested in SWG only as a game.

Now, I also live in Europe. And our release comes later this year, but don't worry as we'll get our own servers, so it will be as if we're playing a new game.

Hope that helped.

Demind say you start to play the game in 6 months or so there will always be a demand for almost every type of player. So i dont think you will be at a "disadvantage" except that your a newb and newbs have to learn how to play.

Now towards learning more about it. If i were you id at least watch all the movies because its probably the greatest series of movies ever. Also other stuff that is not in the moives is very interesting, so you shoudl check that out as well.

Archived