Home

Uk release date?

lex40k

You read that right, we don't officially get it over here until around 6 months time. That's because mainly they need to convert all of that text into the various languages used on the continent. In the mean time the UK has to set themselves up on the USA servers by importing the game to us, thats around $65 from gamestop.com which works out to be around £40 which is cheaper than it'll cost to buy it officially here anyway, plus the monthly cost of $15 works out to be around £10 for the UK players so it's not all bad considering what games companies normally do is a direct dollar to pound pricing method whereby if it's $50 in america then it's £50 in the UK. I frankly think that is insulting since it means they make an extra 100% profit by selling games in the UK when it costs alot less if you import them.

As long as you have broadband it really doesn't matter which servers you play on as i was getting around 200 ping and less than 5% packet loss pretty much all of the way through beta even with a full server, the highest i saw it jump to was 305 which is still very impressive. As for 56k'ers well, you'd be wise to wait until the European servers are up at the end of the year.

Archived