Home

JK2 vs JA in MP

RenikDelan

Ok, enough acronyms. :)

My question is, are the custom maps in JK2 going to be compatible with JA? I'm in the beginning stages of making a map right now and I dont want to get towards the finishing touches, then see that it wont work (with some minor tweaking) in JA. And the JK3 FAQ at JK2Files didnt exactly nail the question down. It talked about using the more advanced SOF2 engine instead of Q3.

Any ideas?

-=IJ=- Renik

You'll probably be able to open the JK2 map in the JA editor, but I think you'll have to change some of the entities, redo certain parts maybe. But I'm positive that you can finish your map and re-release it for JA, maybe even with a few addition :) Remember it's the same Q3 engine, maybe a bit polished but it shouldn't be too hard!

Somebody (don't remember who) made a program that could make levels from Jedi Knight work with minor correctional work in JK2.

If JK2 levels don't work in JA, I am sure that someone will be able to make a program so that JK2 can be used in the new game (considering that it uses the same engine).

Archived