Home

To Go Deluxe or Not...

Yoritomo Jiriki

Hey Folks!

I've had a copy of SWG in my hands twice on two different occassion at a retail store ready to purchase and twice I have put the copy down and walked away. :)

Looks like I want to get into this gig and am wondering if it is worth purchasing the Deluxe Edition. LMK

Thanks!

:c3po:

Originally posted by SpringdaleP4C

Go for the regular edition and buy the Guide Book. The art book will not help you in the game. The guide book is really nice and offers a unpricable amount of information and color pictures. You get a free poster too !

:jawa

Wow that would throw off the whole roll playing thing wouldnt it.....Example: Your a jedi talking to a bounty hunter and you say "Ill never fall victium to the Dark side" and you pull out your light sabre.......Then in the middle of this hevy Rp'ing you look over to your book and it says "Now to Push F1 "reffer t page #4 (or somthing)......And you should be able to swing your --Turn to the next page--....light sabre......" To me that would throw off the whole mood of rp'ing....

The only real drawback to guidebooks with MMOs is that inside of 6 months they are obsolete.

My advice: Go with the standard edition, AVOID the guidebook, and bookmark some good SWG sites on the net. You'll save a lot of cash that way, AND get much better, up-to-date information.

Then in the middle of this hevy Rp'ing you look over to your book and it says "Now to Push F1 "reffer t page #4 (or somthing)......And you should be able to swing your --Turn to the next page--....light sabre......" To me that would throw off the whole mood of rp'ing....

A good roleplayer knows how to keep ooc issues ooc and ic issues ic; Meaning whether the player is picking his nose or reading a book, it does not affect the ingame roleplaying

Heh, I think getting the CE was worth it just to have the large case it came in. The special item(s) was kinda lame, but that's ok. The other stuff......they others are right, you can find good info about it from the web and it will be up to date. Anyways, I'm happy with the CE. :D

Originally posted by TheMaestro

I mean...the CE's I've bought....Diablo II, Galaxies...Warcraft III have all been worth it to me --

Extra money perhaps, but the extra stuff...and just to say it's collectors is cool to me.

Yep, you hit the nail right on the head TheMaestro. At the end of the day, the value of a collector's edition is typically purely sentimental as opposed to objective. If I was a collector of things Star Wars, I would definitely have sprung for the CE (I have "collector's editions" of various other things that I actually DO collect).

But if all I was interested in was playing the game and maybe getting some good tips/tricks, I'd stick to the standard edition and bookmark some decent sites.

Archived