Home

$80....?!

RJR99SS

I went out today to buy a highly technical tool, only to find nobody has them. In fact the broken one i have seems to be the only one that was on earth occording to some, go figure.

Anyway i dropped by the mall just to look at stuff. I went to the video store to see star wars galaxies was on sale. That was kind of a shock to me, i signed up for beta and all that and i never even got in. Of course....those newsletters they send me every month probably had something to do with that. But they're so full of advertisements for other lame games i just delete them.

Oh well, so i see it there and it's the 80 buck collectors edition. Ok no thanks, i've been dumb enough to get collector edition games before and filled my trash with the useless garbage they give you.

I've been slightly interested in the game, and now that all the other online games i've been playing have gotten just plain boring i thought i just might buy it. But the store didnt actually have the regular version, they just had a shelf load of collecters. In fact i visited 3 other games stores around and none of them had the regular version, just that high priced collectors. How cute is that?

Seriously, $80? and what, like $140 a year after that? I know everyone always says you get updates and yada yada to keep you playing and get your money's worth. But who plays an online game for a year these days?

But i thought i'd just check out the collectors edition on the net to see whats up out of curiosity. A leather (imitation?) bound box. Wow man.

A pair of shades? Oh man! It is pimpin' time, thats all i can say.

A sew on patch. Huh...? i dont think kids even care about sew on patches anymore. I did get the sick urge to sew one to the crotch of my jeans however.

Art concept book? Oooo....I really want to see all the concepts they started with but look nothing at all like what the final product is.

And too top it all off. A bad-ass pewter figurine. Man...Sony spoils people these days. Something that costs .25 cents to cast, then breaks in shipping cause pewter is more brittle than graham crackers.

But humor aside, then i looked at what people had to say just about the game itself, and i'm definatly scared off. I hate paying to be a beta tester and i really hate when they put the game out 1/10 finished, promising to finish it later. But by the time they get around to finishing nobody has any interest and is disgusted in the game.

To all those who regret buying the game, hey i feel for you. I've probably got about $500 in games that i wished i never bought. Hang in there man. Or you could join the marines, get into the scout/sniper program, then get out on a dishonerable and start sniping computer games marketing executives. That is...if you felt like doing that...

But come on guys, a computer game costs quite a bit of cash these days. And so do the online costs. Some people may not realize that some of us have other hobbies besides computer games. I myself like firearms, cars, drinking, and whoring around. So you start questioning every hyped computer game that comes along when you've been burnt so many times.

But from reading this forum, theres seems to be 2 camps: the ones who are pissed cause they bought the game and it works like crap, and the ones who are hoping it will be better. I'm glad i was smart and researched it a little before i bought anything and didnt end up in that first camp. Plus....who wants to play around with a bunch of star wars geeks?

yeah Hello?!

I have been hooked on this game since july 2001 so I recearched the game I finaly got it I'm upgrading my computer and will play soon, also I agree with these guys your just wasting you time. And one more thing I'm happy with the game already, so for me it can only get better. :Prplgh:

and yes oh MOD's!!! :lol:

ignore him. Acually I've become a fanatic the last 2 yrs. and it's Jatari bucko.:mad: Anyway no I'm not playing yet, I have the game but I'm upgradeing my PC to the minimum requierments so I can play. And I heard your looking for a new Avatar here is a nice place with many.

Now what you want to do is go to the top-left part where the menu is and then go to Jedi/Sith they have some great pics.

if i wanted to criticize star wars i'd post the review i published of episode II, stating it was one of the worst movies i've ever saw; next to armaggedon, mortal combat 2, and puma man. Oddly enough i got similer feedback from regualar movie goers, but star wars fans didnt seem to like it. But hey, i'm a star wars fan myself....of course thats the star wars of decades ago.

anyway, i figured i'd throw my opinion out. I'm pretty happy i didnt buy it, it sounds rather caddywampus at the moment. But maybe i will when the price goes down and the game actually works and all that.

Just as a personal view, i've hardly ever agreed about the positive things people say about a game, but i almost always agree about the negative whether i like the game or not. And there's alot of negative out there....

I'm playing the game and I agree with the original poster. while I am have a lot of fun with it because I have made a lot of friends in it and am in a PA... I cannot deny that SWG isnt finished yet. it still has a lot of problems that need to be fixed.

If you are looking into getting the game then get it in atleast 2 months, by then it should be the best MMORPG ever.

I agree there does seem to be a few things that will be worked out over the next few mos BUT still I just started playing and I am an addict already! I don't have many negative points at all..... well the price of the collectors edition maybe.... sure wish I could have gotten that one!

ok...ok There r bugs, we know that already. Please post in one of the MANY bug posts! It seems everyone who has a complaint about the game just gets off on making another post to INFORM everyone how much the don't want to play or how dissapointed they are. Why do they do this? Well, i use to play EQ for like one month and I did the excact theing back then. But i was also like 15 and angry at everything. To make my life better i use to make people, force people to listen to anything i had to say. All just to make myself feel better about my desicion to stop playing EQ. Complaining is just one way for people to make themselves feel better about anything they don't want to do or anything they hate. It gives them power. Power to piss off anyone who loves the game. So for anyone who wants to make people unhappy about this game or have the sudden need to DESCIRIBE their reasons for not playing SWG, go to the other "Reasons Why I Won't Play SWG" sites and talk to people who like to complain.

But we here on the forums will listen to anyone, anytime, and try to debate things left and right. But in the end will it really change your minds about not playing SWG. Most likely not.

(This is a lot of pent up stress, so sorry for the people who think i am complaining. Just needed to put things down)

BTW, i was one of the stupid people who bought the special edition and i loved the whole thing. Just finished reading the art book, my grilfriend helped me put my patch on my book bag (I just i just plain suck at sewing -_- ) , i wear my pin with pride (and meet alot of people at college who also like the game, works like a beacon), painted my figure (which was NOT broken BTW), AND ware my shades all the time (Come on, Tatooine has TWO freaking suns!!). I believe it was well worth my overtime at Denny's. Just my opinion but the GAME is is way better than many say it is. Only thing one has to do is SEARCH for things to do, and even that is fun. =)

The real reason the stores you went to had no regular versions of SWG was because the most likely sold out. That is a good thing, right?

Personally i have abosolutely no clue why people have been saying the game sucks. I think its just a fact that alot of peoples computers suck. When the box says minimum requirments thats just what it means. MINIMUM. I bought the game the day after launch. i was installed registered and playing after 20 minutes. And i had 0 i repeat 0 problems. I also think that people seem to forget that it isnt easy running a mmorpg. remember when everquest first came out?

Archived