Home

Livin' My Life

Doubleplus GC

'sup tools?

I stalked this forum like a ghost for the past several months, busy with school and life and all, but now having moved home for the remainder of the summer and having constant access to a broadband connection, I'll probably haunt these old grounds more often.

News on the Ian Danskin front: Second semester kinda blew chunks but I am looking forward to next year and hold intentions to transfer mid-year out of my two-bit two year college and into Oakland (aka Oaktown aka Cracktown)'s plenty oretty California College of Arts and Crafts where I will begin work on my film major. I'm probably going to have to take a few summer classes to make up for starting a year and a half late on the four-year college shtick if I want to be done inside of four years. I can see myself quite easily becoming a second-year senior.

Nevertheless hopes run high. My girlfriend just moved out of the apartment and I am going through minor withdrawals, but the deal was she could only stay for three and a half months and her presence was straining my relationship with my roommate. Being back home myself I am now able to watch movies with some regularity, and once I start doing paid yardwork for my dad I'll be able to buy that new Radiohead album I've been hearing so many constant good things about. Working towards my long overdue driver's license and I have a job at a liquor store/movie rental house starting next month.

In other words: I am getting my shit together.

I am currently reading Blindness by José Saramago, and it is proving quite intriguing. It's good to be reading something again. I need to finish the new Robbins as well, as things were just starting to get rolling. Why Robbins chose to write a book where there are four parts yet there is absolutely nothing happening for the middle two is beyond me; sounds more like a two part book with a 150-page intermission.

Blah-di-blah. Rock on, you bunch of losers.

Archived