Home

Poll on SWGB2 role-playing... or not

Who do YOU play in the SWGB2 campaigns?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who do YOU play in the SWGB2 campaigns?

• You play a movie character
    • You play a very minor movie character or major non-movie character
    • You play yourself
    • No character
    • Other

Here's a run-down of the options:

1. You play a movie character: much like Red Alert (I think, though Red Alert may fall under number 3 - can't remember that well...). You watch from a third person perspective in briefings as General Dodonna or General Veers or Captain Panaka is given their next mission, which you carry out in the following game. In a sense you are playing the part of Dodonna/Veers/Panaka/etc, and they may appear in the game as a unit too.

2. You play a very minor movie character or major non-movie character: exactly the same as the first, only you play an insignificant, most-likely EU character.

3. You play yourself: similar to StarCraft, where campaign characters talk to you in the first person as though you will be commanding an army in a mission, which is then played in the following game. You don't see an avatar or image or unit of yourself - you are supposedly just "you".

4. No character: kind of like Age of Mythology and WarCraft 3. There are important characters in the game, but you don't "interact" with them in any way - you play the part of the army as a whole, not the part of a single leader watching over the army.

5. Other: Something I've forgotton or something I haven't thought of. Please elaborate.Here's a run-down of the options:

1. You play a movie character: much like Red Alert (I think, though Red Alert may fall under number 3 - can't remember that well...). You watch from a third person perspective in briefings as General Dodonna or General Veers or Captain Panaka is given their next mission, which you carry out in the following game. In a sense you are playing the part of Dodonna/Veers/Panaka/etc, and they may appear in the game as a unit too.

2. You play a very minor movie character or major non-movie character: exactly the same as the first, only you play an insignificant, most-likely EU character.

3. You play yourself: similar to StarCraft, where campaign characters talk to you in the first person as though you will be commanding an army in a mission, which is then played in the following game. You don't see an avatar or image or unit of yourself - you are supposedly just "you".

4. No character: kind of like Age of Mythology and WarCraft 3. There are important characters in the game, but you don't "interact" with them in any way - you play the part of the army as a whole, not the part of a single leader watching over the army.

5. Other: Something I've forgotton or something I haven't thought of. Please elaborate.

I see you did this before I got a chance to. Curses! My fiendish plan did not succeed!

Anyway:

- I picked 'No character,' because of all the reasons in the 'GB2 Campaign' thread.

- The idea of controlling the character you 'play' (ooh, I see hints of the Romeo+Juliet metaphor) during the actual RTS game ruins the entire concept of playing them, turning it into more of the 'No character' idea.

- So basically 1 and 2 are defunct, and the only real choices are Invisible or Nobody.

- And finally, you just had to put something in about EU being insignificant, didn't you? :p

Archived