Home

Fire wall connection

kasser

Hello Everybody , I hope you enjoy the game

=====

I have a 56 modem , and I have a free connection from my father company " Saudi Aramco " ...

Most of the time , If I want to open and working on on-line program I must enter my proxy in the program setting (HTTP PROXY) like this " proxy.saramco.net " and the port 80 .... If didn't type it in the program setting I will not able to use the program (( Like MSN Messenger , I need to go to options window and go to connection tap and enter my server name and port ))

====

I think they call this " Fire wall connection " ??? I dont know anything on these things

so , I planning to buy SW Galaxies and play it on my Aramco connection ...

do not tell me use a normal connection , In our region "saudi" connection to the internet need a lot of money ((like I have buy an internet card have 10 hours by 6 $ and every hour buy 1 $ and buy for lucas 14.99 $ !)) that's the reason to play it on free NET

CAN I PLAY SWG WITH MY ARAMCO CONNECTION ??

and thanks for reading and I hope you will answer me

You won't have to worry about your http proxy settings, because SWG won't be using the HTTP protocol to transfer data to and from your system. When the game launcher opens, it simply spawns an instance of Internet Explorer within the launcher window, so your HTTP proxy settings should migrate over in tact.

That's not to say that you're definitely going to be able to run the game, however. That just means that you shouldn't have to worry about an HTTP proxy setting. If your ISP is restricting network traffic altogether on certain non-standard ports, then SWG (or any other online game) may not run at all.

can you play any other online games easy

I've tried play JK II (( Jedi Knight II )) on-line but that doesn't work... I go to multi player and I try to connect to a server and nothing happen !!

Also in Age of Empire II :( I tried play it with a friend over my MSN messenger ... and didn't work

You can probably expect the same performance from SWG. Unfortunately, many free nets out there block certain types of traffic on certain ports, to essentially "boost" system bandwidth for non-gamer users.

Unfortunately, your only solution may be to go with a pay ISP.

Archived