Home

UK players - wait, or import?

redmist_uk

Hi,

Based in the UK it appears we have to wait until December for a UK specific version of the game (which is waaaay too long for me). Some people have been getting the game imported and playing, but I have a few questions about this before I do it.

1. If I get the US version of the game, will I be able to join UK/European servers when they come online, or will I be restricted to the US servers?

2. While I'm not looking forward to high pings on US servers, I think the style of game won't make this an issue. It's not Quake... Any UK players care to comment on playing on the US servers?

3. Is the UK release date of the game *actually* December 2003, or is this just a date given by a website because they were fed up with people asking?

Many thanks,

Red

-------------

"I'll see you on Naboo... eventually..."

Quick question on Gamestop - I've ordered, the thing hasn't been shipped yet - looking through their FAQs, I noticed the following:

Address verification for International orders.

It is very difficult to obtain verification information from banks outside of the US and Canada. For your protection, in most cases you will be required to fax or e-mail us a copy of your most recent credit card statement. If you are ordering from outside the United States, please contact your credit card issuing bank and ask them to release address verification information to GameStop.com. Without this verification, we will be unable to process your order.

I haven't been in touch with the cc people...should I be worried? :)

I just got my SWG shipped from gamestop (i live in Sweden). I didn't have to do anything. I ordered last thursday and it got shipped yesterday.

From what I have heard gamestop seems to be the best place to order from... but there are some import fees that can be kinda expensive... so I have heard.

Edit: spelling

I had no problems with cc ordering.

As long as u have a major one like VISA you'll be ok.

You have to remember that companies have to cover themselves against any possible legal action so these are just routine disclaimers.

It's like when there's a warning on the side of a pack of peanuts saying "warning may contain nuts" :D

Chindi.

Gamestop.com, as Reaper said, is a good import site. I tried to get it from DVDBoxOffice first..... hell was that a mistake. They seemed to be the only site that didn't the game in stock when it was released, plus they were unfriendly and slow at replying to e-mails.

I mean they didn't even TELL me the game wasn't in stock, doesn't say anywhere on their site.

Fellow Brits, go with Gamestop!

Galin Masek,

subsequent_chill@hotmail.com

P.S. I've seen it goin' for pretty cheap on EBay also, if you wanna risk that kinda transaction...

Archived