Home

Is open discussion discouraged on this board?

Mujahid

The subject says it all. Is open discussion discouraged on this message board?

There was a very interesting thread on the state of the PC Gaming industry, with references to SWG as an example, that was apparently closed for no reason. I say "for no reason" because the mod who closed the thread didn't even have the decency to let us know why the thread was closed.

The thread was a model example of how discussion threads should take place. It did not degenerate into flaming or name-calling, and the issues were discussed intelligently.

[General ranting and raving edited out]

Mujahid, if you have a link I'll take a look at it and reassess the situation. Possibly there was some other reason for the thread being closed. Sometimes mods close things in anticipation of what may come of it. Post the link and I'll check it out.

Originally posted by Deft Aklin

Mujahid, if you have a link I'll take a look at it and reassess the situation. Possibly there was some other reason for the thread being closed. Sometimes mods close things in anticipation of what may come of it. Post the link and I'll check it out.

Hey Deft! Thanks for the offer. Here's the link (if I can remember how to post these, hehe): http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104581

Okay, sorry for the delay, I'm at work...there is an audit of inventory taking place so...... You get the idea.

Anyway, after reading all of the posts, I do see whay the post was closed. As I mentioned, sometimes a mod will close something because it begins to stray into couter-productive conversation rather then intellectual discussion. The very last post is the one that stand out. It teeters on the brink of this, which is cause to close the thread.

I can understand why some people may think that the game is in a very rough stage, but, this is going off topic. I will post on the thread and re-open it for you. Just keep the discussion as it started and please refrain from very negative and destructive commentary.

Archived