Home

planescape: torment (potential spoilers)

i started this game a few months ago, haven't been sucked in the way some people seem to be, but i have played a bit off and on. i remember being told that the beginning of the game is very open ended but there's a point where it becomes a lot more linear. i'm wondering if i've hit that point... i just spoke to pharod and am now heading for the catacombs.

i'm wondering if i'll ever be able to go back to the hive? i have some unfinished quests there... should i try to complete them?

also, can someone explain how i wound up in the "buried city"? i have been reloading as soon as i've died because i haven't wanted to go back to the mortuary, but this one time i didn't reload it turned out i wasn't in the mortuary at all...

why is that? is it related to where you die? is it random? is it supposed to be a mystery? (could i have been waking up in the buried city all along, but i've been reloading so quickly i didn't realize it?)

just curious...

:D emily

ps i'm enjoying the combat much better now that i figured out how to use those charms!

ps2 had a hard time deciding whether anything in this post needed spoiler tags... hope i haven't given anything away.

Originally posted by fov

i started this game a few months ago, haven't been sucked in the way some people seem to be, but i have played a bit off and on. i remember being told that the beginning of the game is very open ended but there's a point where it becomes a lot more linear. i'm wondering if i've hit that point... i just spoke to pharod and am now heading for the catacombs.

i'm wondering if i'll ever be able to go back to the hive? i have some unfinished quests there... should i try to complete them?

You'll be able to go back, a lil' later.

also, can someone explain how i wound up in the "buried city"? i have been reloading as soon as i've died because i haven't wanted to go back to the mortuary, but this one time i didn't reload it turned out i wasn't in the mortuary at all...

why is that? is it related to where you die? is it random? is it supposed to be a mystery? (could i have been waking up in the buried city all along, but i've been reloading so quickly i didn't realize it?)

Once you leave The Hive and enter Catacombs area, you'll respawn at Marta's. Then, later on, you die -- you respawn elsewhere.

And dying is normal in PS:T. You should die in PS:T, as based on your attributes, you could spawn a memory.

Archived