Home

PLEASE PLEASE Help a young boy

thespider

Hi. My First Post.

I really wanna get SWG, but i have a few questions:

1. whats combat like? ive heard some stuff about quing moves and stuff, and i hate turn based combat.

2. my MAIN question:

P4 1.8Ghz

512 DDR RAM

40 GB HD

>>GeForce 2 MX 64Mb<<

now. i need a new graphics card i know. but i dont have a lot of cash.....im only 14. please tell me good cards, ATI or nVidia, for a good price, that will run SWG REALLY well.

i know one geforce card is bad, is it the 5200 or the 5600.

Thanks so much.

Originally posted by thespider

Hi. My First Post.

I really wanna get SWG, but i have a few questions:

1. whats combat like? ive heard some stuff about quing moves and stuff, and i hate turn based combat.

2. my MAIN question:

P4 1.8Ghz

512 DDR RAM

40 GB HD

>>GeForce 2 MX 64Mb<<

now. i need a new graphics card i know. but i dont have a lot of cash.....im only 14. please tell me good cards, ATI or nVidia, for a good price, that will run SWG REALLY well.

i know one geforce card is bad, is it the 5200 or the 5600.

Thanks so much.

Hi :)

First, I am getting tired of everyone bashing the lower grade vid cards! I have the same one as you do, thespider, and let me tell you that it runs just fine in SWG! What? Oh no, a cheapo video card that can be had for < 50 USD can run a game like SWG?! Yes, it's true. Sure you won't get all the eye candy but I am still amazed at the beautfiful sceneries that are still rendered on my monitor. Your CPU and RAM is as good or slightly better than my (self-built) computer on which I have had no problems running SWG. I also play the game on dial-up.

So here's more food for thought: see if SWG will run with your computer at first. If it does then save your money for a rainy day (or a hot date :) ). If it doesn't or you're not happy with what you see, then I am with Kaspe. A 9500P is a good suggestion. It'll be hard to find one for $150 though as they're being bought up over 9600P. Nvidia still makes good video cards so don't let a few bad cards deter you. No one is perfect.

Lastly, check with newegg.com and pricewatch.com to get the best value possible.

Good luck and have fun! :cool:

Archived