Home

Flame On

JobiWan

I have two requests to make. First, I found a mod that you could download that turned your lightsaber into a flaming saber. Could you guys point me in the right direction? And second, do you know of anyway that you could use the flaming saber(yes I will ask permission first) to make flame go all over the main characters body? The reason I wonder is because when I had the mod, it also turned my force lightning into fire. And y'know when you do force lightning on someone it wraps around them for a while. But I would like my character to not get hurt when the fire is on him, and be able to do it nearly indeffinatly(sp).

Thanks in advance.

JobiWan

BTW, an error came up when I tried to post this, so you can delete the other thread.

:cool: For the flame sabers just look for them at JK2Files, there's like 5. I mixed a few up for my own mod.

For the fire-instead-of-lighting effect it wouldn't be THAT hard, just a lot of work. For Blade I hunted down almost every shader that had lighting and replaced it with fire effects. This was for Reapers force-flame and my GEP-into-Flamthrower effect so you wouldn't see that dumb lightiing.

As for hitting a guy and seeing flame there are several different ways you can do that, by changing the fleash-impact.efx file:

1- Replace the fleash-impact effect with fire instead of sparks. Easiest way.

2 - Chage the shock effect into a fire effect, and add an effect like that of the tazer or force lighting. This takes alot of work to hunt down the shader.

3 - Add an effect that actually shoots out flame. Master Cheif had a small mod like that.

Note that this will NOT give you more or less damage, it'l just look different. Aslo add in a smoke effect after the flame, it looks cool.

:cool: Hmmmm....

I don't see why that's NOT possible... I mean we have mods that:

- Make you a 'ghost' like Morgan Katarn

- Make the matrix code flow over a character

- Give you a cloaking effect, on DEMAND too, like the Shadow Trooper.

Just snag any of these mods and start tinkering...

BTW - There's also a mod that allows you yo use the AT-ST guns... if you change the blasts to fire you can throw around fire balls to your hearts content.

Grim_squeaker was working on a TC called Reing of Fire, he might be able to help.

Archived