Home

Question re: new accounts and used game copies

Solo4114

I'm starting to seriously consider buying the game, but I was wondering the following.

If I happened to purchase my copy of the game from E-bay or Half.com or somesuch, would I still be able to get the free month of use if someone else had already used it or a portion of it?

In essence, is the free month tied to the actual physical copy of the game, or is it more like America Online where you have your freebies tied to the name & number on your credit card? Is there anything that is particularly tied to the physical copy of the game, aside from registration cards, or would that even matter in light of the fact that I'm giving them credit card info?

Thanks for the help.

Ok, from what I've gathered from digging around on E-bay is that the 1-month free period IS tied to the specific copy of the game purchased, and NOT to the credit card used on the account. What's more, it sounds like if you buy a used copy of the game, you'll take over the account itself and will simply change the information on it. I don't know if this means that the user name stays the same, or simply that you take over the user's slot on a server or something, but it looks like you're buying an assignment of sorts, and not a truly new account. Does that sound right to folks?

Archived