Home

Hate-O-Meter of Monkey Combat

Originally posted by Royds

It was okay however JoJo was hard to defeat it was a case of getting one move wrong and your out.

Nah, I don't think it was a problem. You could save all the time as much as you wanted, so if you made a wrong move you could just load and try again until it was right-io... :)

Originally posted by Governor Phatt

Didn't anyone else just write down the insults and what they change into/beat etc. Thats how i did it, and last time i played it didnt take that long to fnd out all of them.

Once u have them written down u can just see which u need to do next. Simple :D

oh and i still dont think it was that bad...

Yes, that's how I did it, because I quickly realized I would never remember all the combinations.

On the whole, I thought Monkey Combat was silly but fun. My only real complaint is that they made it such a big part of the end of the game. I would have preferred they make it a simple, funny joke, and then moved on. I like all the humor, but I feel that the climax of any game should be at least a little more serious than the rest of the game. I'm a big fan of drama and stuff like that, I know. But I like exciting endings, with a good resolution that leaves you satisfied. The Monkey Combat final battle was a little too ridiculous for me to enjoy much...

Didn't anyone else just write down the insults and what they change into/beat etc. Thats how i did it, and last time i played it didnt take that long to fnd out all of them.

Yeh we all wrote it down, It was just the case of pure frustration when you got a move wrong! It was quite humourus at first but the humour wore off after about what 100 games, I dont love it but then again I dont despise it!

Wait a minute....did anybody play it without writing that down? If so I want to shake this guy's hand (right before I judge him to be insane).

Originally posted by JRThomas

Wait a minute....did anybody play it without writing that down? If so I want to shake this guy's hand (right before I judge him to be insane).

Are you kidding, I wrote down the frickin notes for the banjo duel in CMI. Never wrote down any insults for either game though, no need, just remember them.

For that, one must read the Book of Ook.

Or the Orangutan Dictionary (it's basically the same language giving leverage to different dialects)

'Ook!'

'I'm sorry?'

'He said "And this boat is made of wood!" ' said Rincewind

'All that in one syllable?'

'He's a very concise thinker.'

Can I just ask why it's Ten Hates? Why can't people like Monkey Kombat and still be sane. Surley some peopls opinions differ from yours right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

originally posted by Neil Joshi

Can I just ask why it's Ten Hates? Why can't people like Monkey Kombat and still be sane. Surley some peopls opinions differ from yours right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(please exuse the way I've done the quote, I'm not sure how to use that :( )

No you can't be sane because it was rubbish. And stuff peoples oppinions I want a dictatorship! :atat: :atat: :bdroid2::bdroid1::deathstar (JOKE)

Also your wrong in 2 places:

1. I only said 8 out of 10.

2. it is spelt peoples not 'peopls' (you missed the e)

Can someone teach me to use the quote thing please

I didnt write anything down. Does that make me clinicaly insane. I found it fun though. Ok, so the second time round it was tedious, but it was still fun.

If you want sword fighting, replay MI1 and 3. This was something new for a change. Would you prefer to have exactly the same game play as previous games. The makers tried to make it new and fresh. And they tried damn well hard. I should know, my uncle was on the team. And if your saying it was a bad game, dont play it then, its up to you.

I liked it anyway. Something different. You cant really say that its not can you

Oop Ack Chee

So it sounds gay. So does this post and your not saying its a disgrace to MI are you.

My first two posts and theyre both negative. Damn I have to try harder.

Oh yeh, to quote you just click quote on the post that you want. Then you just delete all the stuff you dont want. Simple.:)

Originally posted by guybroom

No you can't be sane because it was rubbish. And stuff peoples oppinions I want a dictatorship! :atat: :atat: :bdroid2::bdroid1::deathstar (JOKE)

Also your wrong in 2 places:

1. I only said 8 out of 10.

2. it is spelt peoples not 'peopls' (you missed the e)

First of all, Monkey Kombat was alright, I didn't mind it when I first did it.

Second, I wasn't exactly refering to you, I was refering to the guy who started the thread. And finally, I know perfectly well how to spell, I just happened to miss a letter by accident, at least I didn't add one in.

Originally posted by guybroom

oppinions

Only one 'P' thank you.

Now, with that out of my system, Hi, welcome to the forums :D, have a gift basket and enjoy your stay here at the MI discussion Forums. ;) (my god, how long has it been since I've done that, I must really hate the newbies around here.)

Well I thought Monkey Kombat wasn't brilliant, but it was still quite fun, all credit to LucasArts for trying something new, I mean games are criticised for lacking originality, and when someone tries something new, you get people saying it "sucks" or is "gay" without giving any reason as to why. The only thing I didn't like about it is that when I played through MI4 again, as I do with all my adventures, I had to either learn a completely new system (or as I later did, load a save game straight after it).

Originally posted by Wille2

Why does everyone hate EFMI!? I think it was alot of fun! Alot better than CMI infact.

You said in another thread that you haven't played CMI yet. You can't really say that EMI is better if you haven't played CMI. As a matter of fact, most of the people who have said that they like EMI still said it was the weaker of the series and COMI was pretty good. I personally liek it a hell of a lot better than EMI and is very close to standing up to the originals in my opinion. if you have played COMI, then please tell me of what you've based this statement on.

Archived