Home

Game is very professional-looking, huh?

Guest crazy166

Guest crazy166

I like the game, don't get me wrong, but I'm a game programmer and I'm surprised that a game with so many inexplicable bugs can even be sold commercially.

Has anyone else not been able to open one of the doors with the gears in Mexico. I have all three gears lined up, I opened it once before, I restarted the level, lined them up again and voila!! The door will not open. I would love to be able to sell a game for $40 that doesn't work half the time. I'd be rich.

Actually the only bug I experianced with this game was with the Ice Guardian. He got stuck on the wall just above the exit you had to break down using the machine tool. Other then that, I didn't have any problem with this game.

------------------

-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

Guest crazy166

Really? I've had it dump me to my desktop before but I guess that's just my video drivers. I was talking about how in Peru when the boulder smashes out, it never exits the cutscene, or how its possible to really get stuck at the end of Palawan temple if you push the button before moving the blocks into the right position (its not possible to make it across lava floor). Most level designers typically stay away from this type of thing, unless they have some method of automatically restoring a good save state.

Guest Harlequin

My ice monster got stuck on the wall too. I've had a fixed camera on the start of the Infernal Machine level and another awful one in Shambala. Like an idiot - after handing over the plant and just before going to the ice dungeon I went back out into the yard to collect ammo from Commies I'd shot earlier from the upper window. Dealing with 3 out of 4 weapons I found was fine but one rifle sent me back to the room wher I'm finding the monastic seal/cross shaped key again. Has anyone else been annoyingly sent back in time?

Guest GeneralKukov

I had the same problem with the gears in Mexico, I had to redo the whole level and open all the doors first. There's its share of bugs but the game itself is so vast and entertaining that I'm willing to overlook them.

"Guten Tag...Herr Jones"

=KUKOV=

Strange, apart from the usual clipping errors I only found one other thing wrong: at the beginning of Shambala, the camera was locked at the end of the intro, overlooking the entire compound, while Indy was inside, being attacked by something poisonous while I could not see anything! I solved this problem by playing around with the switches in the graphics options menu.

Question: Has anybody applied the patch and if so, has it fixed any of these problems, or was it more of an AI enhancement then anything?

------------------

-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

I have applied the patch, and tho i think i saw a bit of improved gameplay(nothing drastic) i dont believe that the AI was much improved :-(, the only bugs i have had is constant lockups, turns out, that was due to my soundcard, so now before everygame of Indy i play, I must switch to "Game Compatable Device for my soundcard options. frown.gifAndi also had the camera problem so many of us have had with the end of the peru level, well, at least I think it is the end, but i wouldnt know since i couldnt get PAST THE DAMN BOULDER!!!, ok, later.

Guest Garrett

With products out there like Thief, System Shock 2, Half-Life and even Unreal....it's pretty sorry to ask the same price as those for Indiana. I am impressed with the level building, but not much with engine features and controls. It is sluggish, quite a copy of Tomb Raider, has some un-realistic goals (some of the things they had the player do didn't make much sense and without walkthrus, I never would have thought to do), and as another post stated...has poor sound ambients and schemas.

I must say I do like the levels, I like exploring around, but I'm on level 15 now and I thought...wow, is gonna end just like Half-life (which I wish would have ended in a more realistic way).

I have used an editor and produced a level for "Thief", so I quite understand it takes a lot to do a project like this.....but, I'm sorry, it looks like to me they just took "Dark Forces" and built some new levels...and that game was like 5 years ago, right?

Just my opinions here, and I think it's great everyone likes different things...that why we have so many games to play! smile.gif

p.s. I agree whole-heartedly on the "bugs' thing. I have the game crash when I try to shoot a certain gun, it won't let me do things that it says I should be able to do (on the level where you push the block into the elevator, it wouldn't let me till I exited 3 times and retried and finally it did), ect.

They just wanted the XMAS MONEY and that's why they let it go before it was ready!!!

[This message has been edited by Garrett (edited December 07, 1999).]

Guest Vidiotmike

Fortunately, I've had only one crash and I can chalk that one up to overheating. My passion for overclocking bites me every once in awhile wink.gif.

And I've yet to experience any gameplay bugs, however, I'm on nubs tomb and seriously stuck, and after reading several walk thrus I think it might be because of a bug (the problem is mentioned in one of my other posts.)

Off topic: Does anyone know if this game is going to be ported to the N64 or better yet Dreamcast?

Guest BJS0221

I am very pleased with this game. I have finished the entire game and I never encountered any bugs of any kind. The only thing I didn't like where the number of difficult ( but not impossible ) jumps throughout the game.

Archived