Home

Summer Sanitarium

Just got back from the Summer Sanitarium concert. In summary - blah. Wasn't that great. The main band I wanted to see was The Deftones, and I missed half their set due to my friend being an HOUR AND A HALF late to pick me up. Arg. Linkin Park was surprisingly decent, Limp Bizkit was un-surprisingly awful, and Metallica was nothing special. One thing about Metallica that really annoyed me, though, was the fact that they performed THREE encores. Why do that? Each encore had special effects and pyrotechnics and whatnot, so they were obviously planned well in advance. What's the point in them walking off stage for a minute, then coming back out and playing some more? I think they just relish in the applause and whatnot, which is pretty stupid. Maybe someone has a better explanation for the triple-encore. I sure don't.

Originally posted by Egarthen

Just got back from the Summer Sanitarium concert. In summary - blah. Wasn't that great. The main band I wanted to see was The Deftones, and I missed half their set due to my friend being an HOUR AND A HALF late to pick me up. Arg. Linkin Park was surprisingly decent, Limp Bizkit was un-surprisingly awful, and Metallica was nothing special. One thing about Metallica that really annoyed me, though, was the fact that they performed THREE encores. Why do that? Each encore had special effects and pyrotechnics and whatnot, so they were obviously planned well in advance. What's the point in them walking off stage for a minute, then coming back out and playing some more? I think they just relish in the applause and whatnot, which is pretty stupid. Maybe someone has a better explanation for the triple-encore. I sure don't.

Doesn't sound like you're into Metallica so that's probably why you didn't love it. I was at the Chicago show and loved it. The first four bands, cept Limp Biskit, were just good loud moshpit bands. Good to jam to, but when Metallica came on, everybody just listened and jammed, nobody moshed. I had a great time and laugh when I read all the Metallica hate on the internet, they don't know what they're missing. As for the encores, did it really bother you that much? It's as much of a Metallica legacy as the esctasy of gold played at the beginning of the concert.

Archived